Prospect Info: Capitals Prospects and Minor League Affiliates (Hershey Bears, SC Stingrays) - 2014-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
So Vrana is coming over for rookie camp at least. It'll be interesting to see how he and Burakovsky do against Philly's blueliners in the rookie game (Morin, Sanheim, Gostisbehere, Hagg).

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Bura did not play last night against Barrie nor tonight against Belleville. I'm pretty sure he actually left the team last night and went to Toronto to catch a flight to Washington. Likely the last time he'll be with the Otters sadly for me, but it's the next step in his development. I wish him luck, a great prospect. One of the few things GMGM did right.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Beat reporter for the WaPa caught sight of Bura coming in to Kettler today with his gear.

(All told, Friday’s roster featured the following players, listed in the order in which they skated by where I happened to be standing: Holtby, Peters, Backstrom, Beagle, Oleksy, Marcus Johansson, Matt Niskanen, Jason Chimera, Troy Brouwer, Stanislav Galiev, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Aaron Volpatti, John Carlson, Chris Brown, Eric Fehr and Connor Carrick. Forward prospect Andre Burakovsky arrived for rookie camp, lugging a massive bag of equipment, as things wrapped up.)

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ack-in-town-capitals-antsy-for-training-camp/

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Bura did not play last night against Barrie nor tonight against Belleville. I'm pretty sure he actually left the team last night and went to Toronto to catch a flight to Washington. Likely the last time he'll be with the Otters sadly for me, but it's the next step in his development. I wish him luck, a great prospect. One of the few things GMGM did right.

McPhee did plenty of things right in the extended period he was in Washington. He couldn't finish the job, but Burakovsky would rank fairly low in the hierarchy of things GMGM managed to get right.

Burakovsky95*

He played on a line with two former Hershey Bears. Jeff Taffe and Jacob Micflikier.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@DubFromAbove: Kelowna Rockets captain and @washcaps prospect Madison Bowey had 2 SHG tonight and now has 2G, 6A in 2 games so far this WHL season.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
@DubFromAbove: Kelowna Rockets captain and @washcaps prospect Madison Bowey had 2 SHG tonight and now has 2G, 6A in 2 games so far this WHL season.

Kid absolutely tears it up in the WHL, but I've always been left disappointed when he faces higher levels of competition (whether it be playing against men or even international junior play).

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Kid absolutely tears it up in the WHL, but I've always been left disappointed when he faces higher levels of competition (whether it be playing against men or even international junior play).
Agreed. Hopefully this year he'll make Team Canada and we'll get to see yet again how he fares in a higher stakes atmosphere.

He was a bit better in the real preseason game when there was more structure around him but certainly he remains a project due to suspect composure and defense.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

It really is peculiar. He was one of the, if not the, worst players on the ice this preseason. Looked awwwwful in the rookie game. Hopefully his game starts to translate. Carlson-Niskanen-Bowey on the right side is pretty stacked for the foreseeable future.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Catching up, Lewington named captain of the Medicine Hat Tigers:
Tyler Lewington made his first appearance on home ice as captain of the Medicine Hat Tigers in Saturday’s loss, and the six-foot-one, 201-pound blue liner said he is honoured to be the captain of such a storied franchise.

“We’ve got so many leaders on this team, and every guy leads in different ways,†he said. “But I think any time the coaches and the team put that trust in you it’s definitely an honour.â€

Clouston said the team opted to give the C to Lewington based on a number of factors, including experience and tenacity.

“He’s been a Tiger for a long time. He’s a great example as far as work ethic and commitment to getting better every day,†said Clouston. “He battles hard every night. He’s a drafted player with the goal of playing in the NHL. He’s a great leader and a great example or everybody.â€

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
So Vrana has as many points in 2 games than he did in 24 games last year?

exwhaler

Feb 1, 2006
It really is peculiar. He was one of the, if not the, worst players on the ice this preseason. Looked awwwwful in the rookie game. Hopefully his game starts to translate. Carlson-Niskanen-Bowey on the right side is pretty stacked for the foreseeable future.

Well, he's only 19 as of this past April, and this was his first rookie camp against players older and much more experienced than him. He's supposed to be a toolsy blueliner with a lot of upside, but that doesn't mean those tools have been completely developed yet; just that they're good enough right now to dominate among players of his own age. Scouting reports said that he was inconsistent in his decision-making and positioning and needs to work on his defensive game, but that he's been showing improvement. Those kinds of things will burn him in the higher levels, and the fact he looked overwhelmed at the rookie game shouldn't come as a surprise. Defensive prospects--especially guys like Bowey--take a few years to develop after their drafted, and Bowey's still at the beginning of his curve.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Gersich had both goals in a win last night, Spinner had an assist on one of them

Gersich: 3+1 in 5 games
Spinner: 1+1 in 5 games

Burakovsky95*

Gersich had both goals in a win last night, Spinner had an assist on one of them

Gersich: 3+1 in 5 games
Spinner: 1+1 in 5 games

That Gersich pick is going to turn out really nice for us IMO. Was stuck behind Eichel and Larkin last year and I think we got a steal in the 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad