Pressbox: Sjogren/Beagle/Crabb

Alzner/Carlson
Schultz/ Green
Hamrlik/Erskine
Kundtratek

Pressbox:

Schultz/Kundratek/Erskin

Injured: Orlov. What a difference Backs makes in the lineup. :(

I also heard Schilling will be in camp, so that may factor in to the D.

I am bummed Galiev didn't do more to impress Oates in Hershey, I was hoping he would get a shot, but next season I guess.

Last edited:

Dirtbag59

May 13, 2011
I am bummed Galiev didn't do more to impress Oates in Hershey, I was hoping he would get a shot, but next season I guess.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a couple of games this season. I mean how many people were confident Orlov would get major playing time, let alone any playing time before last season?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I was confident we would see Orlov.

Locker on 106.7:

• Saying he thinks Oates is going to open it up
  • We will see different things from OV
  • Said thinks having defensive Dale last year should help players be more responsible
  • Improved at C position
  • SE made huge strides so we need to get out of the gate
  • Cannot have losing streaks in short season
  • MJ very versatile and ready to take next step. Not many others ready to take next step.
  • Young guns not so young anymore. Carlson not included

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a couple of games this season. I mean how many people were confident Orlov would get major playing time, let alone any playing time before last season?

Orlov didn't need a prolonged stint in the ECHL in order to find his game and rebuild his confidence. He tore up the AHL from the beginning, and greatly impressed a number of Caps and Hershey fans during his playoff stint with the Bears in 2011. Galiev has looked much sharper since returning to Hershey from Reading, but he's not nearly as ready for NHL action as Orlov was last season.

Plus, once the team had Green, Wideman, and Carlson all healthy at the same time, Orlov saw his minutes decrease and eventually found himself in the press box.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Orlov didn't need a prolonged stint in the ECHL in order to find his game and rebuild his confidence. He tore up the AHL from the beginning, and greatly impressed a number of Caps and Hershey fans during his playoff stint with the Bears in 2011. Galiev has looked much sharper since returning to Hershey from Reading, but he's not nearly as ready for NHL action as Orlov was last season.

Plus, once the team had Green, Wideman, and Carlson all healthy at the same time, Orlov saw his minutes decrease and eventually found himself in the press box.

The only reason he saw his minutes cut was Hunter. Orlov was better than Schultz and Wideman in the playoffs (as well as Erskine who got at least 1 game) but yet was sat anyway.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Galiev has looked much sharper since returning to Hershey from Reading, but he's not nearly as ready for NHL action as Orlov was last season.

I have read this as well about Galiev, very glad. I heard he only needs to add weight and he will be ready.

I love our core D of JC, KA, DO and Green (although he appears to be made of glass). Every element is there, physical, puck movers, stay at home. Future looks bright.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
With 19
Ovechkin-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Johansson-Backstrom-Wolski
Chimera-Perreault-Laich
Hendricks-Beagle-Crabb

Without 19

Ovechkin-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Laich-Johansson-Wolski
Chimera-Perreault-Crabb
Hendricks-Beagle-Ward

BTW Crabb is being very underrated. He could be a really good 3rd liner. No way he should be placed below Ward on the depth chart if he plays like he did last season.

Also I guess I'll do PP

Johansson-Backstrom-Brouwer
Ovechkin-Green

Laich-Ribeiro-Wolski
Orlov/Ovechkin-Carlson

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The only reason he saw his minutes cut was Hunter. Orlov was better than Schultz and Wideman in the playoffs (as well as Erskine who got at least 1 game) but yet was sat anyway.
Orlov did a lot of positive things, but he was still prone to turnovers and wasn't very comfortable on the left side. Given Dale's strategy, I would have benched Orlov at the start of the playoffs as well (at least until it became clear Wideman was a massive liability on the ice). Turnovers and conservative, defensive hockey don't exactly mesh together well.

If Orlov was better on the left side, it may have been a different story.

I have read this as well about Galiev, very glad. I heard he only needs to add weight and he will be ready.
Well, he's gotta start producing in the AHL before he's considered for an NHL role. He's a skill player and a scoring forward, so he's gotta start putting up some points. Putting on some weight in order to help sustain possessions and win puck battles should help him, though.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Towards the end of the season Orlov when things tightened up Orlov did have a couple bad games and started to look overwhelmed a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad