Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Lightning, 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Well, Tampa was the better team most of the night. Be glad for the one point and move on.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
There are going to be a lot of games like this if the third pairing doesn't improve. We will need our goalies to be excellent if we want a chance to contend this year.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Just saw the last 8 minutes of the regulation and overtime. god, what a pace! actually our bottom 6 looked good, generated chances and they are fast. Before penalty in the overtime, the caps owned it. very smart and patient, they knew what they were going to do and what is their strategy. too bad they lost on a stupid penalty. though giving up the leads isn't a good sign, but the lightening is a good team. so much skill. our team actually has some series skill, even after a disaster summer we had.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
I suppose we needed a hat trick from TJ (or somebody) to win :popcorn:

Was listening. By mid 2nd pd the Bolts started to carry the play. Biggest reason? The 3rd pair D?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Amazing how Ness can play just eight minutes and still manage to be tied for most Corsi events against 5-on-5.

But collectively they mostly wilted. Blindly along the boards...until the end of time. It's the poise, stupid.

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland
Burakovsky is the biggest disappointment to me this far (since pretty much everyone knew how bad that 3rd pair would be). He’s barely generating any chances and is having a hard time to keep plays alive. It’s time for him to stop being a streaky player, because the team will rely on him so much more this season.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Dear god, Caps get called for Too Many Men when Bolts had just as bad of change seconds before and then no Goalie Interference/Slashing/Whatever. 4th tier sport for life.

The first icing never crossed the goal line and the linesman saw the whole thing.

Pride over doing the right thing, can his ass.
Right there were Hedman makes a lack luster stretch "attempt" to get the puck and then barely moves his stakes to go after it. Still gets the call.

What exactly are they looking for on the Face Off Violations? Seems like a completely random call that will cause more issues than solving anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: RandyHolt

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Burakovsky is the biggest disappointment to me this far (since pretty much everyone knew how bad that 3rd pair would be). He’s barely generating any chances and is having a hard time to keep plays alive.

Agreed. Gotta be productive to stay in top 6. Otherwise, coaches should give someone else a chance.

Is willy still out for one more game?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
So why wasant the bolts player penalized for the two walks on grubauer after the whistle? I don't find myself agreeing a lot with Laughlin but not sure how refs could just let that go

Reactions: ovikovy817

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Oh, completely forgot about Girardi not getting called on a text book Instigator. Can we just get rid of that rule already?

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I'll say it again, third straight game. Get Ness off this f***ing team. Guys a joke. Chorney is barely serviceable on his own let alone paired with a AHL all-star. Find a way to make the god damn cap work and get Bowey up here.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I think Trotz will go with Ness against Pit because of "vet" status, but we will see Djoos against NJD.
Horrible 3rd pair. If they play only 10 minutes or less per night and still horrible, and they can't give a break to the TOP 4, we need to go with Bowey/Djoos, they at least will be at the same level as Chorney/Ness.

BTW, on this game, we saw why I hate NHL officials. After a good penlaty against TBL (violation) the unawared crowd start to boo refs. So they decided to whistle bad calls to calm down the crowd. Both of the too many men were BS.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I'm fully expecting both Chorney and Ness to play the next game and beyond but the pairings will get shuffled instead. #justbarrythings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad