Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Lightning, 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
If the hat trick run ever ends, perhaps we can have a pin test.

Until then, I have to predict a hat trick.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I’ll be at the game tonight so you can thank/blame me for his hat trick streak continuing/ending.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I'm fine with the Grubs start. I want him to be the most desired goalie at the trade deadline. My prediction, 4-3 OT win. Backstrom/Kuzy/Vrana/and Orlov in OT. Ovie gets 2 assists and a 5 minute boarding penalty so we are all still happy about the way he is playing.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Why??

I know the next game is Pit, but it's not a back to back.
+ The whole world knows that for Holtby is better to play a game with only one day break before

As far as I’m concerned, it’s time for Gruby to get more starts. Why not? Holtby hasn’t carried us in the postseason in years now. Maybe Gruby performs even better (than he has in the past) and gives the team more options, all while increasing his trade value?

Last edited:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
As far as I’m concerned, it’s time for Gruby to get more starts. Why not? Holtby hasn’t carried us in the postseason in years now. Maybe Gruby performs even better (than he has in the past) and gives the team more options, all while increasing his trade value?

This year is different. Trotz should have given more games to Gruby last year. This year we are not as deep as last year. Even after those 2 games, I still think, it won't be an easy road to qualify for the postseason, so every point is very important. And like Gaston Therrien said few days ago on RDS, you need to go with your best goalie everytime you can do it.

BTW, this game will be a good test for this team. (Montreal is weak and we beat Ottawa without Karlsson only in SO and with a super Ovi)

Reactions: RandyHolt

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
I think the alarm clock goes off tonight. And we all wake up and its back to reality. The team is not as bad as we feared but not as good as we are starting to believe.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I'm not convinced Tampa is a great litmus test right now. They split a weekend series with the crappy Panthers, giving up 8 goals in the process.

It's a good team on paper, of course, but they haven't been able to put it all together for a while now.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I think the alarm clock goes off tonight. And we all wake up and its back to reality. The team is not as bad as we feared but not as good as we are starting to believe.

I see it more as a test. Tampa is about as strong as us IMO, should be a great matchup.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
I see it as a good test for the team too.

W.r.t. the "alarm clock", no I don't think the Caps will remain undefeated, Ovi will score 287G, or even 80 :skeptic:
I'm not a half glass full or empty person (it's 50% full). However sports, as a diversion, should be an area where one can be in a glass half full frame of mind.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The rush of first game is over. The rush of first HOME game is over.

Let's see if they still have some drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->