Capitals keep on rolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Chang-Sang

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
With last night's 7-2 smackdown to the Blue Jackets, the Capitals are riding on top of the Eastern Conference with a season high 11 game win streak. More impressively, the team has built the streak against some of the stronger teams in the league. The streak has come as a surprise to some, especially since the team unloaded three superstars in Doug Weight, Bill Guerin and Scott Niedermeyer in its cost cutting mandate given down my management at the start of the season.

How have the Caps been doing it? Coach Wilson attributes the recent success to balance of all four lines and the depth acquired in the aforementionned deals. "Hecht, Cajanek, Brylin, Zubov and Koivu have provided a nice balance to our star players. I think last year we had alot of "brand names" but couldn't find the right chemistry. ", said Wilson.

Up next for the Caps is the cellar dwelling Carolina Hurricanes with only one win on the year. The Canes are the anti-Capitals with an 11 game losing streak going into tonight's matchup. Despite the Canes' record, Wilson says, "We have to remain focused not to underestimate Carolina. Streaks tend to be broken by the teams you least expect. It's not the Islanders of the world that break them because you get up to play those type of teams."

The Caps appear to be the walking wounded with no less than six players less than 100% for tonight's matchup. Lalime is believed to get the start between the pipes.

Dale Hunter
The Washington Post

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
It's not the Islanders of the world that break them because you get up to play those type of teams."

For a second, I thought you said Senators. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad