Post-Game Talk: Capitals at Vegas GMGMs 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I’m addition to our generally craptastic puck movement we are one of the more undisciplined teams with regard to unnecessary penalties in the league

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Too little too late. Vegas can pack it in now. When you go in with a “survive the beginning” mentality you get what you deserve. But I’m sure they were just following instructions.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Too little too late. Vegas can pack it in now. When you go in with a “survive the beginning” mentality you get what you deserve. But I’m sure they were just following instructions.

I bet that was number 1 on the pre-game chalk board....”come out like ass in the 1st”....

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Brutal game. Trying to think if there was any bright spots. I guess Holtby was decent. The score could gave been much worse. Stephenson looked OK. Trotz has to get him off that line with Beagle. All our dmen sucked. Djoos had a bad game.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I don’t think this game is the least bit a “throw out the tape” type of game. It’s a “see what happens to this team if nobody makes a spectacular play” type of game and a “preview of the playoffs” type of game.

Even if this team tanks with a coaching change, it’s a risk worth taking. There is zero chance Trotz can lead a team to the SC finals.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
But he can get them in the playoffs.

I become more convinced by the day that the coach that can lead this core to the Finals isn’t alive...so who cares really? Last two nights are examples of reasons why fans lose faith in their teams...

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Second and third periods weren’t as deeply horrendous as first.

At least these guys were giving full effort: DSP, Wilson, Beagle, Stephenson, Oshie.

Kuz had one of the crappier games i can remember. Absolute giveaway MACHINE on first two PPs.

Ovie back to Fumblestiltskin.

PP futile, all game long.

Puck management in our own end was problematic during 1st period, to say the least.

Makes it extra annoying we didn’t finish off desert dogs last night to earn both points.

At least Rags and *****sburgh lost, too.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I was really looking forward to this one and was bummed when I realized I'd miss it. Sounds like I was the winner in the end.

:(

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Return of Bura and Oshie hasn’t been a big shot in the arm, so far.

Maybe it disrupted us in short term, but team will get in sync again soon.

I hope so anyway.

Didn’t love Bura’s game tonite btw. Soft and giveaway-prone.

It was cool to see how amped Vegas is for their team. And as my son pointed out when we were leaving, ‘At least [the fans] are still too new to know about the Ovie Sucks chant.’

Glass half full.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Team has been out of sync for weeks. Maybe months. Like I said yesterday, the winning is basically masking the issues of the team. Sorry but winning alone is not good enough, thst will get em kicked out by 2nd round of playoffs again. They need to figure out how to play sound hockey first.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
If you throw away the first period, it wasn't that bad. A B2B game too

Fleury again in beast mode against Caps. It's the first games without goals for the Caps this season??

At least we're not peaking too early like the past 2 years.

Last edited:

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Second and third periods weren’t as deeply horrendous as first.

At least these guys were giving full effort: DSP, Wilson, Beagle, Stephenson, Oshie.

Kuz had one of the crappier games i can remember. Absolute giveaway MACHINE on first two PPs.

Ovie back to Fumblestiltskin.

PP futile, all game long.

Puck management in our own end was problematic during 1st period, to say the least.

Makes it extra annoying we didn’t finish off desert dogs last night to earn both points.

At least Rags and *****sburgh lost, too.
Kuzy had a pretty bad game. Ovi seemed to be floating a bit. Backstrom and Oshie were off as well. And Beagle has no skill other than faceoffs. He loses the puck every time he touches it. And he can't bury his scoring chances. I think they need to get Stephenson off that line.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
My only real thoughts watching the game last night was how awful of a decision it was to fire Gallant and tear down what they were building in Florida. What a shortsighted decision to make after panicking over some underachievement due almost entirely to injuries.

Didn't they fire Tallon only to re-hire him a year later as well? The Panthers upper management and ownership doesn't know what it wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad