Post-Game Talk: Capitals at Vegas GMGMs 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I also feel like this is an example of a wide open team with some offensive philosophy vs. the machine that is the Cap's offense. If the gears aren't in perfect sync, it looks awful.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
This Capitals team is woefully incapable of playing against a fast team. It is embarrassing and painful to watch. Speed just...completely nullifies every aspect of the Caps' game in every imaginable respect.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Watch the game. It was a 4 on 2. No forwards were back to help. Carlson moved over to help Djoos when he got beat. Djoos has cost us both goals

I am. I didn't say Djoos wasn't at fault, I said he got walked around. But Carlson decided to cheat over and leave the right side open with two guys which meant Holts had to make a quick move to try and block. I was under the impression you always play the pass/what the Goalie can't see in those scenarios. Carlson didn't do that.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I also feel like this is an example of a wide open team with some offensive philosophy vs. the machine that is the Cap's offense. If the gears aren't in perfect sync, it looks awful.

This level of bad isn’t system, it’s don’t give a shit, maybe even hungover...

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
This Capitals team is woefully incapable of playing against a fast team. It is embarrassing and painful to watch. Speed just...completely nullifies every aspect of the Caps' game in every imaginable respect.
There is a simple explanation for that. We are not a fast puck moving team. It magnifies this issue. That is Trotz hockey in a nutshell, he does not put emphasis on that.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
This level of bad isn’t system, it’s don’t give a ****, maybe even hungover...

Maybe, but the same thing we saw in that Pitt series is showing up here. They know where/how we want to exit the zone and they sit down in the lane and have stolen the pass. I think it's both, players need to be aware, but it's still a coaching thing.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
This is what happens when you expand the way the NHL did.... an unspectacular but solid and deep team with a 'Ill show you for not protecting me' point to prove mentality

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Shame you can't bench a team like you can bench a Goalie. Holtby hasn't been at fault for any of these goals in my opinion.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Trotz defense of turtling and throwing the pucks of the zone randomly.... continues to fail. What a surprise.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It's not just speed, it's hockey sense and strong team play. When the Caps can't find their comfort level in pace they have...not much in terms of grit or decision-making to offset it. You can't just blame speed on everything.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Ugh, pull Holtby--if for no other reason than basic mercy. It's a backup's job to take a brutal beating when the team is ridiculously outmatched and/or offering zero support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad