Capitals allowing 8 fans to play in alumni game (have to bid)

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Felt it needed own thread as its a once in lifetime opportunity

The Washington Capitals announced today the opportunity for fans to participate in the 2018 Capitals Outdoor Alumni Fantasy Game on the 2018 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ rink at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, Md., on Sunday, March 4.
Eight roster spots are open for bidding across teams led by alumni Yvon Labre and Rod Langway. Teammates feature legends including Peter Bondra, Dino Ciccarelli, Sylvain Cote, Craig Laughlin, Dennis Maruk, Alan May, Larry Murphy, Michal Pivonka, and Dainius Zubrus.

All auction proceeds benefit the Washington Capitals Alumni Association Scholarship Fund.

To participate, any winning bidder must be a proficient skater with an ability to keep up with the pace of the game. Winners also are required to be 18 years or older and have a full set of equipment for the game

Bidding Open to Participate in Capitals Outdoor Alumni Fantasy Game

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Now this is cool.

I could totally try this, I am/was a good player, but there is NO WAY I would potentially embarrass myself out there.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
FORWARDED.

I have friends and family who might be up for this. Holy shit.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
This is an awesome opportunity. My club team once did a fund raiser with the Blues Alumni team. They smoked us 20 year old college kids, but man it was fun. They were really cool about it too. If I was out east I would try to do this in a heart beat. Especially with the location, its not like your going to a local rink to play.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
This is a really neat thing for the Caps to do. Could you imagine getting to play with your childhood hero? I wish other fan bases did this as well.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I regret that I haven't laced up the skates in 10+ years now. Also that I do not have the disposable income to come anywhere near what the winning bid will be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad