Post-Game Talk: Capitals 6, Penguins 3 - Letang Spots the Caps Another Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
And who would that be for us? Schultz and Maatta? Oleksiak and Ruhwedel? Where is this steady D pairing?
Dumo Maatta probably. Or Schultz Maatta.

Address the point. You either think early/late goals have extra impact, or you don't.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
So has Letang said anything yet? He really needs to say sorry for whatever it was that was he did last night.
Said he thought Ovie was trying to stretch the play and it was a miscommunication w Dumo.
It seemed like he thought he had to shadow Ovie. I dunno.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Dumo Maatta probably. Or Schultz Maatta.

Address the point. You either think early/late goals have extra impact, or you don't.
Obviously they do. But I don't think you can avoid playing our high risk guys because I think it's pretty much all of them except Dumo. And I certainly disagree with Maatta being steady :laugh:

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Maatta is slow but he's plenty smart and steady. Zero comparison between him and Letang. Letang's issues are between the ears.
In fact none of our D make mental mistakes with anything like the frequency of Letang.

Vega

Nov 25, 2005
Socal
Going into the post season I was at peace with not winning a third cup. I just had two teams I didn't want to lose to: Philly and Washington. Don't let me down, Pens. Caps fanbase in insufferable.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Maatta is slow but he's plenty smart and steady. Zero comparison between him and Letang. Letang's issues are between the ears.
In fact none of our D make mental mistakes with anything like the frequency of Letang.
go watch Maatta's turnover in game 3 to lose the game. That was beyond dumb. The idea of him being listed as steady is laughable. He's incredibly inconsistent.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Agree to disagree. That was certainly a poor decision. But you don't make NHL and Olympic top 4 D as a teenager if you're "incredibly inconsistent". He's very intelligent and makes good decisions vast majority of the time, unlike Letang. Can't believe you picked Maatta to stake your consistency argument.

exHornet

May 14, 2014
I would be happy to keep Maatta over Letang any day of the week. Cheaper, younger, smarter, and will learn moving forward. Letang can't count to 5, he's expensive, and he's much older.

No comparison. Problem is, every other NHL team would probably prefer Maatta to Letang, as well.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Maatta is by far the Penguins most consistent Dman away from the puck, which is 90% of the time a player is on the ice.

This is actually a good point. Maatta's mistakes seem to happen when he's trying to do something fancy with the puck on his stick, but other than being walked on occasion because of his poor skating, I can't recall consistently screaming, "what is Maatta doing?" or "where the hell is Maatta?" when it comes to defensive assignments.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
That Guentzel hit thread on the main board is a new low, amazingly. The tinfoil is strong with that group, so are the imaginations of the video clip investigators.

You start getting angry as you read the idiomoronicus ramblings, then you just have to laugh at how absurd it all is.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That Guentzel hit thread on the main board is a new low, amazingly. The tinfoil is strong with that group, so are the imaginations of the video clip investigators.

You start getting angry as you read the idiomoronicus ramblings, then you just have to laugh at how absurd it all is.

The funny part is how suddenly Caps fans are against anything even remotely close to a head shot. Suddenly, these aggregious hits need to be removed from our game and punished severely! Yet, they actively defend everything Tom Wilson does.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It’s just straight up non-stop trolling and I’m surprised the mods haven’t closed it.

I'm not surprised at all. For whatever reason, the main boards seem to allow trolling as long as you don't actually use the word "troll" or call someone a troll.

There are a bunch of posters who literally do nothing but go into Crosby/Penguins threads and post spam after spam posts of trolling/baiting/flaming comments, but aren't censored. However, if you actually call them a troll for their trolling, you get infracted.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
The funny part is how suddenly Caps fans are against anything even remotely close to a head shot. Suddenly, these aggregious hits need to be removed from our game and punished severely! Yet, they actively defend everything Tom Wilson does.
I think they are just being sarcastic with those types of posts because we used those against Wilson.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Even if there’s no chance at a 3peat, I really want the double digit series wins in a row.

The only teams that have done it are some old Habs team, and the early 80’s Isles. It’s literally never been done in my lifetime so it would be an amazing accomplishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad