Post-Game Talk: Capitals 6, Penguins 3 - Letang Spots the Caps Another Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Everything. Absolutely every possible reason. There is absolutely, positively, zero reason to ever cheer for that team.

Marchand trying to injure people on a regular basis, their fan base defending Thornton attacking Orpik, Chara's cheap shot to Crosby after his jaw was broken, Mike Milbury, everything Brad Marchand, Jack Edwards actively cheering when opponents are injured, did I mention Brad Marchand?

I could go on for hours.

For the record, since that comment of mine was taken out of context, I'm not defending Boston or saying people should want them to win.

I was just pointing out the double standard pixie was using where he seemed to be condemning the rest of us as bad sports or not being humble winners for not wanting Ovechkin or the Caps to win a Cup, when he pretty much is using the same reasons to not want Boston to win.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
For the record, since that comment of mine was taken out of context, I'm not defending Boston or saying people should want them to win.

I was just pointing out the double standard pixie was using where he seemed to be condemning the rest of us as bad sports or not being humble winners for not wanting Ovechkin or the Caps to win a Cup, when he pretty much is using the same reasons to not want Boston to win.

There is no story if Boston wins.

Ovechkin is the greatest goal scorer since Lemieux and has not made it past the second round.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I mean, that’s why as a hockey fan I’m happy with either result :)
If Ovi ever leaves Washington, I will happily root for him to get a Cup. But that's more out of spite for the Caps than because I like Ovi :laugh: I don't really care one way or another about Ovi winning himself. It's the team I am rooting against.

Ideally, it would be Ovi vs the Caps in round 2 for his first ever trip to round 3. Now THAT'S a story.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Look BEYOND our first line... Pathetic. Sheary with 2 points?? TWO? Big game Rust trying like hell to make things happen but is hindered by Sheary and Brass half the time.

Lot of just awful play. You can genuinely blame the officiating/ Letang for 2 games this series (which is sad) - however the Pens have had their chances to overcome. At this point I'd trade Letang+ to Montreal for their #3 if they'd be willing - or simply trade him for a bag of pucks for his salary cap. Any scheme here where we land Doughty? He would be a perfect #1 to this system (many systems to be honest, I recognize it's a pipe dream)... I'll take speed throughout the forward group and defense by committee any day compared to what we've seen here. Ian Cole is sorely missed - at least he never seemed to give up.

ColePens and I mentioned at the beginning of these playoffs that perhaps we won last year BECAUSE Letang was out. I feel comfortable saying that our defense stepped up because they had a team mindset, Letang clearly doesn't. He's selfish and stupid. Blames Dumo?? Dumo has been the best defender all playoffs. God I could go on for hours but I'm so mad at Letang packing our bags early. Thanks bro for ruining a magical run by Guentz and Sid - and more importantly for ruining history in the making. F'n awful.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
This is partially on Sully if you ask me, stop putting Letang on the ice in critical situations. Yea I know you run with the horses you have but why put the lame horse out at the worst possible time.

Reactions: BillPrep

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
This is partially on Sully if you ask me, stop putting Letang on the ice in critical situations. Yea I know you run with the horses you have but why put the lame horse out at the worst possible time.
I mean, what made those moments particularly critical compared to any other time in the game?

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Letang not taking any blame huh? I remember not too long ago when we had another dman who used to do that shit. That stuff is straight up cancer to a locker room.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Again - good.

And they won't be 100%. At least Backstrom won't be. Take advantage of it.
Ugh, I’ve heard this before...

Remember when everyone was saying that Couterier wouldn’t be 100% and then he came back and dominated?

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Letang not taking any blame huh? I remember not too long ago when we had another dman who used to do that ****. That stuff is straight up cancer to a locker room.

I was expecting a Jake Gardiner type of post-game response from him. I don't think I like seeing him try to explain that away rather than just saying he messed up bad and needs to be far better in game 6.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Ugh, I’ve heard this before...

Remember when everyone was saying that Couterier wouldn’t be 100% and then he came back and dominated?

Probably depend on the nature of the injury, and the player. Simmonds was awful while dealing with his issues.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Letang not taking any blame huh? I remember not too long ago when we had another dman who used to do that ****. That stuff is straight up cancer to a locker room.

I don’t think anyone is not blaming Letang.

But, this series, he is part of our roster.

Do you really think Maatta or Schultz can step up?

And before you say “they did in 2017”, they were still our #3 and 4 in ice time that year.

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
so you just wouldn't play Letang?
Lol, no.
But I would recognize that giving up early/late goals in a period is deflating psychologically for the team. And would make an effort to put my steadiest, least error-prone players out there at those times.

Especially on D.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Lol, no.
But I would recognize that giving up early/late goals in a period is deflating psychologically for the team. And would make an effort to put my steadiest, least error-prone players out there at those times.

Especially on D.
And who would that be for us? Schultz and Maatta? Oleksiak and Ruhwedel? Where is this steady D pairing?

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Can't possibly root for Boston anything or Capitals. Nashville either really.
If we're out, hoping for Peg v Bolts. That would be a great Finals. And they're both pretty healthy.

That's the series I want to see if the Penguins don't make it.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Everything. Absolutely every possible reason. There is absolutely, positively, zero reason to ever cheer for that team.

Marchand trying to injure people on a regular basis, their fan base defending Thornton attacking Orpik, Chara's cheap shot to Crosby after his jaw was broken, Mike Milbury, everything Brad Marchand, Jack Edwards actively cheering when opponents are injured, did I mention Brad Marchand?

I could go on for hours.

I've met so many racist a-holes from Boston too. Can't think of a city in the US I dislike more.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I don't know who I'd root for if we got bounced. Boston is a definite no. Washington wouldn't upset me but neither would I root for it to happen. I like Winnipeg's team but I hate the whole Canadian narrative of "it's our game, cup belongs in Canada, etc" and I hate how Canada just bandwagons any Canadian team that has a chance.

Nashville is ok with me since I live in Tennessee and have been to many games there. Vegas I like but I'm kinda against them winning because a first year team having that level of success is a bit much imo. San Jose I'd be fine with winning as well. And Tampa winning would just be...whatever. That team/city kinda bores me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->