Cap Trouble?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
We'll need something to expose to Seattle down the line, hopefully Little because Comrie has the potential to be the guy they take. A young goalie that's bound to be a potential starter.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
We'll need something to expose to Seattle down the line, hopefully Little because Comrie has the potential to be the guy they take. A young goalie that's bound to be a potential starter.
I hope you are right and Comrie can bounce back from this lousy season.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I guess one bad playoffs is enough to determine tgat Laine isnt a superstar and shouldn't be paid as such.
One breath, he is better than Mathews, next day he is and decent 1st line winger.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I guess one bad playoffs is enough to determine tgat Laine isnt a superstar and shouldn't be paid as such.
One breath, he is better than Mathews, next day he is and decent 1st line winger.

Where from does the bad playoff mantra come from? He was producing points at a decent rate at a very young age with no prior playoff experience. He also looked really good in some games, I thought his fourth game versus Vegas was one of his best games ever.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Where from does the bad playoff mantra come from? He was producing points at a decent rate at a very young age with no prior playoff experience. He also looked really good in some games, I thought his fourth game versus Vegas was one of his best games ever.

It ws reading some of the other posts in this thread.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Haven't seen anything with Comrie that says potential starter.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

I have a feeling Seattle isn't going to want Comrie, even if he's jumping up and down waving PICK ME! flags.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I have a feeling Seattle isn't going to want Comrie, even if he's jumping up and down waving PICK ME! flags.

I'm still confident in the guy, still holds good trade value as of right now. If we were to trade him this very day in a packaged deal he'd be a big part of it.

I mean I'm down to bring this back this post in two years when the expansion draft happens, and you could even be the one laughing at me. But I do believe Comrie will see time in the NHL as a starter, just don't believe it'll be Winnipeg.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I guess we're getting a better idea of what Chicago has had to deal with the last number of years. Fortunately we don't have any players that are overpaid to the extent of Toews and Kane. Hopefully the cap goes up enough for us to keep the players we want. Either way, I'm confident that Chevaldaoff will be able to work his magic and get some good deals done.

:jets

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
But how? Who would take him on with all his injury issues?

Would even retaining be enough?

At least he's only got one more year ...

Buffalo, as of today on Cap Friendly, has no goalies under contract on the pro roster for next season. Lehner is a RFA and Johnson is a UFA. They could re-sign these guys. They have 4 goalies in the minors ( 2 on ELCs , 1 RFA, 1 UFA). Are they going to count on any of them for next season?

If Mason can stay healthy, he might be a good fit for them, if they have no confidence in what they have.. Maurice still thinks Mason has starting goalie potential.

Reactions: ERYX

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I never saw enough of Mason to have any idea whether he's starting goalie material or not. I hope that this seasons was just terrible luck and he'll be able to play at a high level in the future regardless of where he ends up (expensive Jets backup or starter elsewhere).

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If you plan on building your team like Vegas on young guys having career years and a goaltender having an all time great playoffs good luck to you as a GM in this league. Catching lightning in a bottle with that one. I don't think people realise how much the stars aligned for Vegas.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I'm still confident in the guy, still holds good trade value as of right now. If we were to trade him this very day in a packaged deal he'd be a big part of it.

I mean I'm down to bring this back this post in two years when the expansion draft happens, and you could even be the one laughing at me. But I do believe Comrie will see time in the NHL as a starter, just don't believe it'll be Winnipeg.

You wouldn't get anymore than a 4th for Comrie and that is stretching it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad