Cap Breton...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I've seen the Screaming Eagles live, as well a couple games on TV already this year. I've been very impressed with Sheppard. He's got size, speed and I think with more experience, his scoring touch will develop. To be honest, Ouellet hasn't impressed me that much. He's not bad, but he's not particularily big and I haven't been that impressed with his skill level.

PEli*

James Sheppard is the real deal. I've only watched him once in the QMJHL but had the oppertunity to see him numerous times with the Subways. He is the all around package that Eagles fans will really enjoy once developed.

As for Ouellet, I know zilch.

hockey observer

Mar 12, 2004
sheppard is doing fine.........NOT MUCH HELP AROUND HIM BUT HE IS VERY YOUNG AND SHOULD BE AFACTOR BY XMAS

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site
I saw Sheppard play in Shawinigan on saturday and in Hull on sunday. Although he won't put up very big numbers this year, he's QUITE the player. He's still young, and shows alot of promise.

Ouellet seemed speedy and small, but not particularly dangerous.

Sheppard i would take on my team anyday..

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Leph28 said:
I saw Sheppard play in Shawinigan on saturday and in Hull on sunday. Although he won't put up very big numbers this year, he's QUITE the player. He's still young, and shows alot of promise.

Ouellet seemed speedy and small, but not particularly dangerous.

Sheppard i would take on my team anyday..

Hes such a complete player :) He wont put up the numbers that Breault and Reindeau will put up but he is already one of the better 2 way forwards in the league. 6'02 199 and can skate. Total package.

His offensive game will come around in the second half.

Human Megaphone

Nov 24, 2003
Ottawa
Not to be picky, but I live with a bunch of Cape (not Cap) Bretoners and they are collectively losing their minds that you spelled it wrong.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
Human Megaphone said:
Not to be picky, but I live with a bunch of Cape (not Cap) Bretoners and they are collectively losing their minds that you spelled it wrong.

I am a Cape Bretoner, and it makes me lose my mind as well. However, it's not spelled wrong, Cap Breton is Acadian, still makes me lose my mind, I have this discussion often with my g/f who is French.

btw, Sheppard rocks.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Lionel Hutz said:
I am a Cape Bretoner, and it makes me lose my mind as well. However, it's not spelled wrong, Cap Breton is Acadian, still makes me lose my mind, I have this discussion often with my g/f who is French.

btw, Sheppard rocks.

Sorry guys...I'm french so technicaly, I spelled it correctly but in the future, I will write Cape instead of Cap :)

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
Was at the game last night in Charlottetown and have the following on the players in this thread:

Dean Ouellet - Good skater, other then that though, wasn't a very noticable player out there. I didn't really get a good feel for him so I won't say anything more other then he didn't stand out at all.

James Sheppard - Saw a fair amount of ice, played some on the PP. Again, wasn't a real standout but he is just 16. A real big kid with some years left to fill out even more. Will be a great great player in the league with a few years under his belt. Seems to be strong enough at this point too.

Adam Pardy - Logs a lot of ice on the Eagles blueline. A huge frame but he is awkward as hell. Not a good skater at all!! You know it is bad when the G/F is sitting beside you, who is not a big hockey fan by the way, and she says, "That guy can't skate and he is very awkward!" Big and strong and has 10 goals on the season from the backend, but I can't see anything more then a 5th or 6th AHL D-man out of this kid. Trukno stripped him of the puck in the last minute and scored into the empty net making him look stupid, broke his $300.00 stick on the net and had an assist. Those were his plays of the game.

Overall, this team didn't really impress me that much. They had 26 shots on Mior but not a lot of good scoring chances. The Rocket did a good job playing defensively and shutting them down, while capitalizing on their opportunities.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
hossy316 said:
Was at the game last night in Charlottetown and have the following on the players in this thread:

Dean Ouellet - Good skater, other then that though, wasn't a very noticable player out there. I didn't really get a good feel for him so I won't say anything more other then he didn't stand out at all.

James Sheppard - Saw a fair amount of ice, played some on the PP. Again, wasn't a real standout but he is just 16. A real big kid with some years left to fill out even more. Will be a great great player in the league with a few years under his belt. Seems to be strong enough at this point too.

Adam Pardy - Logs a lot of ice on the Eagles blueline. A huge frame but he is awkward as hell. Not a good skater at all!! You know it is bad when the G/F is sitting beside you, who is not a big hockey fan by the way, and she says, "That guy can't skate and he is very awkward!" Big and strong and has 10 goals on the season from the backend, but I can't see anything more then a 5th or 6th AHL D-man out of this kid. Trukno stripped him of the puck in the last minute and scored into the empty net making him look stupid, broke his $300.00 stick on the net and had an assist. Those were his plays of the game.

Overall, this team didn't really impress me that much. They had 26 shots on Mior but not a lot of good scoring chances. The Rocket did a good job playing defensively and shutting them down, while capitalizing on their opportunities.
You caught them on their worst game in quite some time. Up untill the christmas break the Eagles were one fo the hottest teams in the Q but then lost their top two players in Dixon and Sheppard. Culligan was also lost.

faucette78

Jan 6, 2005
Just to add a little to this...Sheppard played very well for Team Atlanitc at the Under 17's, this year. He helped his team win the Bronze and was second leading scorer on the team. In 6 GP he posted 6 goals 4 assist for 10 points.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
hossy316 said:
Hot or Not?

Well, last night, Not Hot and they had both Dixon and Sheppard in the lineup.
We were at the end of a road trip right after christmas. We are surely a stronger team then PEI normally.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
That is what fans say.

"We won"

"We lost"

"We have a good team"

"We suck"

Are you new to hockey or something? Or do you just like being a Dick?

Oh, you again. I'd love to start but last time I got into it with you, I was banned, so you know what you can go and do.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
hossy316 said:
Oh, you again. I'd love to start but last time I got into it with you, I was banned, so you know what you can go and do.

That will make your opinion of the CB players even more credible. (Actually they werent that credible to begin with considering you used 1 game to formulate an opinion on them) Thanks for that tid bit of info on those players. I know where I can file them...

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
That will make your opinion of the CB players even more credible. (Actually they werent that credible to begin with considering you used 1 game to formulate an opinion on them) Thanks for that tid bit of info on those players. I know where I can file them...

Sorry that I said they didn't impress me that much for that game. Sorry I didn't analyze their schedule to see that they were on the last game of a long road trip as that was their excuse. I said what I thought of each player in that game, NOT the whole season!!!!!!

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
hossy316 said:
Sorry that I said they didn't impress me that much for that game. Sorry I didn't analyze their schedule to see that they were on the last game of a long road trip as that was their excuse. I said what I thought of each player in that game, NOT the whole season!!!!!!

Yeah which I had no problem with but then a couple posteres were trying to tell you that it was just a bad game and you replied with "We?? Are you on the team?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->