GDT: Canucks @ Vegas 7pm

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Didn't post last night as I was at the game. :nod:

The good being that it was a game that really never seemed in doubt after the first five minutes. Glad to see Belly and Tartar Sauce score.

The bad was that if the 'Nucks had to score would have liked it to be Leipsic.

The really bad...Flower. Jeez, I hope it's not another concussion. :crossfing

The good being...welcome back, Hangman! :thumbu:

Reactions: Boris Zubov

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Didn't post last night as I was at the game. :nod:

The good being that it was a game that really never seemed in doubt after the first five minutes. Glad to see Belly and Tartar Sauce score.

The bad was that if the 'Nucks had to score would have liked it to be Leipsic.

The really bad...Flower. Jeez, I hope it's not another concussion. :crossfing

The good being...welcome back, Hangman! :thumbu:
Of course I was at the game as well. It never even dawned on me that flower got messed up. I just assumed it was time for some Suuuuuuu chants.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
I never noticed when Flower got the puck to the mask, throat guard or wherever it was. He seemed fine the entire first period. But when Malcolm came out for the second period, and I didn't see Flower on the bench, I was skeptical that he was just being given a rest.

I had speculated that Malcolm would have started vs Vancouver, with Flower maybe needing a rest and the Sharks on deck. Seemed like a good spot for him, and now I wish the coaches had listened to me. :laugh:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Can't be a college player as they would lose their eligibility as soon as they signed a PTO. In the Ducks case I think the goalie coach is the emergency backup in case both guys get hurt. At least that was the case when it was Roloson.

The NHL has an emergency goalie on site for every game and he could play for either team. They usually rotate the role but typically it's a guy who played some college or junior hockey and hasn't been playing formally for awhile. Coaches of teams of all levels are common choices for this on call job which to my memory hasn't been needed any time recently for an NHL game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad