Confirmed Signing with Link: Canucks sign Elias Pettersson to ELC

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
He’s literally a twig. He will need to bulk up or he won’t last.
Gaudreau says hello, btw all players weight are boosted on website, hockey player are far from having impressive physique, its all about strenght. You can be strong while being a twig and i would much rather a kid who works on his strenght and very slowly get bigger than a kid who work hypertrophy just for the sake of being heavier and have more muscle. This isn’t bodybuilding and the kid who works on strenght and slowly gain weight will be in a body where he feels confortable all year long! Adapting to a new weight and skating without gassing out is a big thing, more muscle need more oxygen!

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Is Pettersson-Horvat-Boeser a possibility in the near future? That'd be a fun line to watch

They sure have some very interesting forwards going on, that's for sure, add Gaudette, Dahlen, Goldobin, Virtanen (if he figures things out)...

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Pettersson, Mittelstadt and Dahlin for rookie of the year next season! One of the three will be it.
Love all 3 of them, litteraly almost my top 3 favorite prospect, but dahlin should have this with ease, unless buffalo has a realy bad season!

Reactions: jayhabs

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
What type of production do Canucks fans expect from him this season? Is he a C year one?
I expect that he will make the team out camp, and play wing for at least a couple of years. I think he will be in the 20-30 goal and 40-60 point range. Anything less and I think I would be a little disappointed, any more and I would be very stoked.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I'll be interested to see what he does in the NHL next season. I can see him emerging into one of the top five centres with Scheifele, McDavid, Crosby, etc.

But if he becomes Hodgson 2.0 I'm done.

JTmillerForA1stLOL

Oct 12, 2007
He’s literally a twig. He will need to bulk up or he won’t last.

DAdfkJvXsAA2Btm.jpg

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
he should start at wing, hes got small frame but skilled and moves well like marner/rnh...after a few years and he gets stronger i think he has the skills to play center, who knows though

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Canucks are going to ease him into NHL on the wing, long-term plan is to develop him as a center. He's played mostly RW since being drafted.

I personally don't support that approach. If we want him as a center, we should play him as a center. I can't think of any cases with current management where they have taken the above noted approach, I'm not confident they will suddenly start now especially with one of their smartest prospects in years.

Reactions: jayhabs

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Spelling his name is the least of our worries , how the heck do you pronounce it ? I've heard three different ways just today .

Elite Prospects almost always has it right.

Elias Pettersson at eliteprospects.com

Think it's almost like a... Pet-Er-Jean(French) but will ultimately be pronounced Pet-Er-Son in North America I'd imagine

From Pettersson's conference call today, his name, according to himself, is surprisingly pronounced:

Pee-ter-son

From his own mouth he said he is at 177.

I just heard the clip on 1040 when he states his weight and to me it sounds like he simply states 77.

Donnie and Moj (TSN1040) assumed he said 177... but I'm not so sure.
They are metric over there and im sure I didn't hear a "hundred" or "one" in front of the "77".

77 kg = 169 lb

I think he's at 77 kg.. not 177 lb.

Still a solid pre-offseason starting weight. Could very well be 177ish by camp which would be a very solid rookie weight.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
From Pettersson's conference call today, his name, according to himself, is surprisingly pronounced:

Pee-ter-son

I just heard the clip on 1040 when he states his weight and to me it sounds like he simply states 77.

Donnie and Moj (TSN1040) assumed he said 177... but I'm not so sure.
They are metric over there and im sure I didn't hear a "hundred" or "one" in front of the "77".

77 kg = 169 lb

I think he's at 77 kg.. not 177 lb.

Still a solid pre-offseason starting weight. Could very well be 177ish by camp which would be a very solid rookie weight.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

That was pre-draft... and probably the traditional/proper way of pronouncing it.

I'm saying he was asked specifically today how we're to pronounce his name and he said it with the long e.
Peter son

So the question remains...
Is Pee-ter-son his actual preference... or is it what he thinks is appropriate for NA.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
That was pre-draft... and probably the traditional/proper way of pronouncing it.

I'm saying he was asked specifically today how we're to pronounce his name and he said it with the long e.
Peter son

Is Pee-ter-son his actual preference... or is it what he thinks is appropriate for NA.

Well as long as he doesn't change his mind a few years from now like Sekera did.

Reactions: thepuckmonster

Kuz

May 11, 2015

Peter son

The way he pronounces it in the video is how they would pronounce it in Sweden. He might have said it Peeterson when asked because americans wouldnt be able to pronounce it right like with most Swedish players so he americanised it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->