2017/2018 Management Discussion | NEW MOD WARNING IN OP AS OF 5/20/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
The headline alone is vomit-worthy ... Then there's the first paragraph in which clearly incorrect statements are made (Pittsburgh lost in the finals in 2008, won the cup in 2009, won the cup again in 2016, and again in 2017 ... but should be terrible, apparently, from 2013-2015 because of their 2008 cup run? And will they be terrible seven years after their 2016 cup run? Or their 2017 cup run?)

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
Let's hope Benning's brown finger isn't felt on this team in 5 - 7 years. Bend a little closer, Corey, Benning's roses really smell like ***, ***, ***...

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I find it funny that the Canucks are wasting so much money on Linden and Benning’s salaries, who in turn are wasting money on garbage player’s salaries and to top it all off, they then waste money on the salaries of PR guys and paid shills like Hirsch to try to gaslight the public’s into thinking that they’re building a good team.

So much money is being wasted that I’d honestly think it was a conspiracy or cover up if I didn’t know that it’s just because they’re all stupid.

Reminds me of what’s going on in the States: Completely moronic leadership from the top that is obvious to everyone, but they’ll spend any amount of money to argue against it and venhemously deny everything even when it’s painfully obvious to everyone.

And just like the States, you’ll have the uneducated masses actually buying into this nonsense propaganda.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
The bigger the lie, the bigger the cover up.

We aren't talking about good people with consciences here.

If we were, Jimbo would have been fired a long time ago and that's a fact.

If the Canucks were actually run like a proper hockey organization with knowledgeable hockey people at the helm, Jimbo would have been canned at the end of 15-16 after stealth tanking this capped out team 26 points (and we can't forget doing absolutely nothing at the TDL which we all need to be reminded of from time to time and no silly rabbit, Hammer and Vrbata didn't tie Jimbo's hands, dumbassery genetics tied Jimbo's hands).

The timing of what's happening down south and what's happening in this very specific sports market is quite coincidental and unless you're an actual Vancouver Canuck fan that is paying close attention, you would never know.

I gotta say though that I definitely AM grateful for HFboards as this board saw through the BS right from day 1.

Man... I remember how pissed off I was when they traded Kass.... Oh memories.
rolleye11.gif

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Going on other websites to try and talk about why Benning is a bad GM has proven difficult.

I've done it, "gone behind enemy lines", and quite frankly it's tough. Although, I guess you can equate it to people who support Benning and hang around here. Must be a very frustrating experience, god bless those people though.

To add to this, I find Twitter the worst. I have a lot of people that follow me based of the fact I post a lot of Prospect clips, so I get the "optimistic" crowd. And whenever I have a negative opinion of Benning I have to share, I instantly lose like 5-9 followers and get people straight up telling me I suck for having those opinions. Very frustrating.

Last edited:

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
So this is new to me or maybe I've forgotten it, but I learned from the Provies tonight Benning had basically 0 GM responsibilities in Boston which honestly explains a lot AKA his whole tenure as GM.
Benning was an AGM in Boston, but his work there was entirely on the player evaluation side of things. He didn’t do managerial things, like negotiating contracts.
Essentially his role in Boston was the same one Lorne Henning had with the Canucks.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
So this is new to me or maybe I've forgotten it, but I learned from the Provies tonight Benning had basically 0 GM responsibilities in Boston which honestly explains a lot AKA his whole tenure as GM.

Amazing. I said it a couple days ago, but ever single day, a new piece of information comes forth about Benning being f***ing useless. One day it is known the Canucks are using a drafting system for the 2017 draft and Benning seemingly had no hand in it. Now this too.

Reactions: MS and dim jim

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
LOL Corey Hirsch blocked me on twitter for calling out his stupid article today and pointing out the factual inaccuracies. Like how Gillis apparently mortgaged the Canucks future, even though after only 2 years on the job Benning had traded away more draft picks and prospects than Gillis did throughout his entire tenure.

I guess facts don’t matter to idiot shills like Hirsch.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
This is my favorite line from the Provies:

"Rebuild isn’t needed > Rebuild is done > Rebuild is on > Model Rebuild"

Management has sure bounced around on what is being done...so what will it be tomorrow?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
It's not really surprising to be honest. It really says a lot about Linden that he interviewed this man and thought he would be a good GM. His entire job was "player evaluation" and he was pushing for the Seguin trade.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
LOL Corey Hirsch blocked me on twitter for calling out his stupid article today and pointing out the factual inaccuracies. Like how Gillis apparently mortgaged the Canucks future, even though after only 2 years on the job Benning had traded away more draft picks and prospects than Gillis did throughout his entire tenure.

I guess facts don’t matter to idiot shills like Hirsch.
You're getting soft y2k...you should've tweeted Hirsch THIS before he blocked you:

14-FoppaStamp_01.jpg

(for those that don't know - that's an official Swedish stamp showing Forsberg's winning shoutout goal in the Gold Medal game in 1994 against Hirsch).

Reactions: pomorick

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
You're getting soft y2k...you should've tweeted Hirsch THIS before he blocked you:

14-FoppaStamp_01.jpg

(for those that don't know - that's an official Swedish stamp showing Forsberg's winning shoutout goal in the Gold Medal game in 1994 against Hirsch).

Nah, because I hated that loss just as much as anyone. I just think he's a complete idiot.

SN650 has become our sporting world's version of Fox News. It's pathetic how incredibly stupid they are. What the hell is Scott Rintoul doing over there?

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
It's not really surprising to be honest. It really says a lot about Linden that he interviewed this man and thought he would be a good GM. His entire job was "player evaluation" and he was pushing for the Seguin trade.

It's truly mind boggling that he went out and essentially decides a guy with zero experience is better than a guy who was in the organization, who knows the CBA and how to work the cap in Gilman. We've talk about Johnson being someone that could be a option and how it would be stupid to do. I mentioned how it would be like throwing a kid on a bike for the first time without training wheels, but now it's apparent we've already done that and seen it fail miserably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad