Pre-Game Talk: Canucks@Leafs 7PM CBC Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
I am just surprised he thinks that Leo is a better PP option than his boy Hyman, haha. It's extremely puzzling to me. Hyman does what Leo does, but he produces a bit more. Does Babcock really believe that just because he scored 19 goals once that he is a talented offensive player?
The only reason I could see Babcock having Leo on the PP over Brown or Hyman is that Brown and Hyman are both PKers in their 2nd NHL season, and he doesn't want to overload their TOI by giving them too many different roles/responsibilities yet.
Hyman is a much better producer than Leo - On pace for 41 points, with 0 of those coming on the Power Play. I've been saying for ages that Hyman could develop into a 50+-point scorer, but I never would've expected that to be entirely 5v5. He gets such a raw deal around here.

Fun fact - Zach Hyman's 0.5PPG is 5th in the League among players with 0 PPP (10+ games)

Last edited:
Reactions: bobermay and Intact

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Dermott just needs one game.

It's a travesty he didn't make the team out of camp.

He's miles better than Polak, Carrick, and Marincin.

I think he'll already be better than Borgman and Zaitsev too. By the end of the season, I suspect he'll be our 3rd best defenseman.

I am going to be bold and claim that without Dermott dressing even one game for the Leafs; he is already our 3rd best D-man.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Destroy these clowns.

Some of their fans actually think Boeser's better than Matthews. :biglaugh:

They do, but really...the poll and main boards have been an absolute cesspool trying to tear Matthews down after last season, and they're only trying to get theirs too. why not, right?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
They do, but really...the poll and main boards have been an absolute cesspool trying to tear Matthews down after last season, and they're only trying to get theirs too. why not, right?

the entire main boards is a cesspool, i dont bother. Even trade forum and prospect forum turn anti leafs pretty regularly but i still go to those. But that NHL talk section oh man you need a hazmat suit to just read a page related to the leafs

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
the entire main boards is a cesspool, i dont bother. Even trade forum and prospect forum turn anti leafs pretty regularly but i still go to those. But that NHL talk section oh man you need a hazmat suit to just read a page related to the leafs

Just remember all that effort is for a reason. The cognitive dissonance of Auston Matthews losing two dozen comparison threads with other star players escapes them completely.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Dermott just needs one game.

It's a travesty he didn't make the team out of camp.

He's miles better than Polak, Carrick, and Marincin.

I think he'll already be better than Borgman and Zaitsev too. By the end of the season, I suspect he'll be our 3rd best defenseman.

None of those guys actually beat him out , he was beat out for the 1 available spot by Borgman plain and simple and if you think he out played Borgy in preseason you should just spare the rest of us your thoughts .

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
None of those guys actually beat him out , he was beat out for the 1 available spot by Borgman plain and simple and if you think he out played Borgy in preseason you should just spare the rest of us your thoughts .

He definitely out played Borgman in pre-season.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
According to the Vancouver forum Horvat, Bartschei and Sutter are all out those are 3 big pieces to their attack this is a game we should win, Matthews could have a BIG night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad