Pre-Game Talk: Canucks@Leafs 7PM CBC Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Hope we crush these losers. Completely dominated them last time but they were lucky to squeak out with a win.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
there was an article out that said how Bozak is not a big fan of new face-off rules. Bozak's stock just keeps dropping....

hey at least he scored the on the shootout so that's something I gues......
Was a nice shot!

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I am not sure how every one else feel but I am always on the edge thinking what kind of effort we are going to get and what team is going to show up, more over in every single game there are stretches where you want to turn off your TV. The consistency is the real issue and that's the reason we are unable to win the games that we should win

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Interestingly convo on Leafs Lunch about Bozak's drastic faceoff win erosion this season. Didn't realize he's fallen that far, was 7th in the league last year, 60ish now, 50/50. More evidence of a diminishing return.

And do those stats even count how many times he is tossed out? Seems liek half the time at least lol

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto

In particular Babcock's quote regarding Komorav, I just gotta think part of this has to be an attempt to increase his trade value and not just him thinking he has to reward him over other players, particularly the 3 on 3 OT - it just made zero sense otherwise. Komorav has been struggling offensively and if we're trying to get some value out of a trade I would hope that's the reason he might be getting used to this extent.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
So Babs doesn't believe Leo played 24 mins? lol seriously Babs come on man....

At least, Babs is addressing the lack of scoring from Leo and him playing on PP may change. So that's a positive I guess. Baby steps....

I am just surprised he thinks that Leo is a better PP option than his boy Hyman, haha. It's extremely puzzling to me. Hyman does what Leo does, but he produces a bit more. Does Babcock really believe that just because he scored 19 goals once that he is a talented offensive player?

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
I am just surprised he thinks that Leo is a better PP option than his boy Hyman, haha. It's extremely puzzling to me. Hyman does what Leo does, but he produces a bit more. Does Babcock really believe that just because he scored 19 goals once that he is a talented offensive player?

See I just don't believe he thinks that, or atleast I hope. Its gotta be a way of upping his trade value. This has to be strategic move discussed by Babcock, Lou, management team etc.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I wonder if people realize that all it takes is like a 7-10 game run where Matthews scores above PPG (if its 2PPG even better) and he could finish this season at something like 85 points in 72(73?) if he regressed back to his current PPG.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So Babs doesn't believe Leo played 24 mins? lol seriously Babs come on man....

At least, Babs is addressing the lack of scoring from Leo and him playing on PP may change. So that's a positive I guess. Baby steps....

I don't believe it either that blows my mind and I like Leo but that is crazy

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
There are actually zero excuses to lose any of our next 3 games. Anything other than 3-0 is unacceptable.

I MIGHT be able to live with 2-0-1 though.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

Talk about instilling confidence in your fanbase.....I know the guy is busy micromanaging everything but how about keeping things simple....or maybe he just doesn't see what we see on a macroscopic level- i.e. Komarov being played far, far too much.

Like not playing Komarov 24 minutes a night, using him on the PP, or starting him out on the first shift in a 5 minute O.T. I thought he would learn this lesson last year (which team was it again?).

It's almost like Babcock wants the fanbase to scapegoat someone else on this team other than Hyman...

I should preface this all by saying if we lost last night I would have partly blamed Babcock for this loss....as his icing of the 4th line + Borgman-Polak right after we scored was inexcusable (among other qualms).

david999

Jan 21, 2011
Babcock loves to lie to the fan base through the media. He knows exactly how much ice time Leo had/gets. I love Leo's penalty killing and defensive awareness, but pp time and 3x3 overtime minutes over Marner, Mathews and Nylander is just stupid when trying to win games. And those who believe Babcock is showcasing Leo for a possible trade can forget it. Leo and Hyman will always play more than any other forward on the Leafs because the fans, media, management, etc say they shouldn't, and Babcock doesn't care.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Dermott just needs one game.

It's a travesty he didn't make the team out of camp.

He's miles better than Polak, Carrick, and Marincin.

I think he'll already be better than Borgman and Zaitsev too. By the end of the season, I suspect he'll be our 3rd best defenseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->