TSN: Canucks interested in Lecavalier (UPD: Vinny to Philly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I'm interested to see where Philly can cut salary if they did indeed sign Lecavalier. They've used the compliance buyouts and don't have a lot of expendable players at forward.

I guess they may end up trading Coburn, or get lucky and find a taker for Meszaros.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
David William Naylor ‏@TSNDaveNaylor 18s
@DarrenDreger just read from his text live on #TSNDrive ... He asked a Flyers source "Did you guys get Lecavailier?" Answer: "Yes" #Flyers

Nothing further to discuss from a Canucks POV anymore...if there ever was anyways.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
I'm interested to see where else Philly can cut salary if they did indeed sign Lecavalier. They've used the compliance buyouts and don't have a lot of expendable players at forward.

I guess they may end up trading Coburn, or get lucky and find a taker for Meszaros.

I don't think they can trade Coburn unless its for more D help. He's one of their only legit top 4 guys.

Mez needs to GTFO though.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
David William Naylor ‏@TSNDaveNaylor 18s
@DarrenDreger just read from his text live on #TSNDrive ... He asked a Flyers source "Did you guys get Lecavailier?" Answer: "Yes" #Flyers

Nothing further to discuss from a Canucks POV anymore...if there ever was anyways.

Yes we need to get to 1000 posts of how bad a GM MG is and we always lose out because of our terrible org

Dado

How can Flyers afford Vinny. Thought they were one of few teams in worse cap hell than us.

Capgeek getting crushed under the load - apparently lots of folks asking the same question. :laugh:

EDIT: Pronger is on LTIR, so in practical terms they're not as tight as it looks as they can work with his $5M.

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
@tpanotchCSN: Source says 5 year $23.5 mill for Lecavalier as a Flyer. checking on that

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Interesting, I am assuming Schenn to wing with Vinny/Giroux and Couts shoring up the third line centre spot. Not a bad fit tbh.

Dado

@tpanotchCSN: Source says 5 year $23.5 mill for Lecavalier as a Flyer. checking on that

That's a pretty good price. He's still a pretty decent player.

Long term though, yikes.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Lecavalier to Philly confirmed.

5 years, $4.5M per for Vinny in Philly confirmed
@DarrenDreger

Nothing to see here, head over to the Around the League thread to discuss further.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad