#1 Rasmus Dahlin 91.8%
#2 Andrei Svechnikov 95.1%
#3 Filip Zadina 74.5%
#4 Quinn Hughes 32.6%
#5 Oliver Wahlstrom 41.9%
#6 Adam Boqvist 36.4%
#7 Noah Dobson 38.9%
#8 Evan Bouchard 81.5%

We'll be using the Canucks Army consolidated list until pick 16 (I only noticed the list was only for the first round after the original poll closed). After that, we'll probably use the Bob McKenzie list as it was the second choice in the Vote on Voting poll.

I will adjust the order according to votes from the previous round to make it easier to find consensus top prospects.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Thanks for doing these Jimmy :)

I voted Kotkaniemi as i have for like 6 rounds :laugh:

Reactions: Jack Burton

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014
I don't think there's anything that Juolevi does better than Dobson.

I personally think Juolevi was a far superior prospect at the time of his draft. You can look at his league numbers where he shared PP time with Mete and at times Bouchard but on the 3 biggest stages against the toughest competition he was THE best defenseman, regardless of age: WJC, TPG, Memorial Cup. He beat forechecks, consistently made great plays and scored a lot of points. Dobson's resume is far less impressive and I think struggles with a lot of things Juolevi is great at such as moving the puck against pressure and making plays with limited time and space.

Reactions: Ryan Miller*

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
I find it confusing that the same board that hates the Juolevi pick is also super high on Dobson.

Frustration with Juolevi is in part about who we chose him over than, it's fair for people to be upset with his selection when there were better options on the table at the time. Saying we like Dobson now isn't in a vacuum, it's in comparison with what's available to us at that pick.

And arguably Juolevi has trended downward, which may or may not be the case with Dobson. Either way, not smart to punish Dobson for Juolevi's sins.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
My only issue with taking Juolevi is that GMJB wasn't smart enough to trade down to even 12th ... he probably could have got Juolevi and a 2nd by doing that ... I am sure one of the Arizona, Mont Buf, Calgary, Col. Ott, NJ would have paid to move up ... and I really see very little difference in the ranking of the players taken by those teams. The gem of the bunch was probably McAvoy, but i don't think anyone really thought that at the time.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
My only issue with taking Juolevi is that GMJB wasn't smart enough to trade down to even 12th ... he probably could have got Juolevi and a 2nd by doing that ... I am sure one of the Arizona, Mont Buf, Calgary, Col. Ott, NJ would have paid to move up ... and I really see very little difference in the ranking of the players taken by those teams. The gem of the bunch was probably McAvoy, but i don't think anyone really thought that at the time.
You think that Juolevi would have dropped down to 12th in the 2016 draft?

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
That's because Dobson isn't Juolevi and won't necessarily progress like Juolevi.
Or are you saying that we should never pick defencemen with elite 2-way potential because they might turn out to be Juolevi?

I mean in terms of taking the safe pick over the high risk high reward pick. I personally prefer to swing for the fences.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->