Canucks Fan Draft Board - Selection 7 (A PICK WE OWN!)

Canucks Fan Draft Board - Selection 7

• Barrett Hayton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Isac Lundestrom

• Bode Wilde

• Rasmus Kupari

• Grigori Denisenko

• Ryan Merkley

• Jared McIsaac

• Other (please post your selection)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
#1 Rasmus Dahlin 91.8%
#2 Andrei Svechnikov 95.1%
#3 Filip Zadina 74.5%
#4 Quinn Hughes 32.6%
#5 Oliver Wahlstrom 41.9%
#6 Adam Boqvist 36.4%

We'll be using the Canucks Army consolidated list until pick 16 (I only noticed the list was only for the first round after the original poll closed). After that, we'll probably use the Bob McKenzie list as it was the second choice in the Vote on Voting poll.

I will adjust the order according to votes from the previous round to make it easier to find consensus top prospects.

Dissonance Jr

Oct 6, 2017
I want to know who @But Gillis 's potato GM would take in this situation!

(I guess if it were me I'd probably take Bouchard or Dobson and then be prepared to bang my head against the desk repeatedly a year later when it turned out Kotkaniemi was developing into a very good top-two center and whoever we picked was stalling out.)

Reactions: Szechwan

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I want to know who @But Gillis 's potato GM would take in this situation!

(I guess if it were me I'd probably take Bouchard or Dobson and then be prepared to bang my head against the desk repeatedly a year later when it turned out Kotkaniemi was developing into a very good top-two center and whoever we picked was stalling out.)
Thats why this should be KOTKANIEMI

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Tkachuk for me. Kotkaniemi close behind. Dobson if we must take a D. Bouchard scares me for some reason.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Shots on goal machine.

Evan Bouchard.

would love to see a guy that can shoot like Subban on our team.

since 2015 Nucks fans have been crying for an offensive dman.

Evan Bouchard is that. 2nd highest shots on goal count as a dman, 87 points, nowhere did I read from scouting reports that his defence game is weak. the knock is just his speed.

Bouchard is our man, probably gone by 7.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Shots on goal machine.

Evan Bouchard.

would love to see a guy that can shoot like Subban on our team.

since 2015 Nucks fans have been crying for an offensive dman.

Evan Bouchard is that. 2nd highest shots on goal count as a dman, 87 points, nowhere did I read from scouting reports that his defence game is weak. the knock is just his speed.

Bouchard is our man, probably gone by 7.

I'm with you there. Hughes then Bouchard. One should be available to us at 7.

Reactions: lawrence

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus
I feel Bouchard will be the best point producer in the show. When in doubt go with Sham the Potatoe Head.

Skates backward well enough. No skater is moves faster than the puck and this guy may be the be passer available.

Classic (full wind up) slapper that gets on net to go with the wrister and passing. Something our PP has been craving seemingly forever.

Don't care about not being flashy. D not being noticed is usually a good thing.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Dobson for me here.

If this is what is available when we pick I'm perfectly happy with Bouchard too, a bit tentative on Kotkaniemi but happy to have any of those 3.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
You put both Bo and Tkachuk in a team you got a bunch of bulls ready to go for the playoffs. Big guys that will help skill guys like Boeser and Petterson excel.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I’m divided on this one.

I’ll admit that I wasn’t high on Bouchard before, but I’m starting to come around to him. I think he’s faster than a lot of people give credit.

If Bouchard is available, I think I’d go with him now. However - I think he’ll get selected earlier and so we should go with Dobson in that case.

If Bouchard is available however, go with Bouchard.

This one is a tough decision for me because I do believe that Dobson is a “sure thing,” even if his ceiling isn’t as high as Bouchard’s. Although I think there is a higher risk variance in selecting Bouchard, I am also a subscriber to the theory of “no guts no glory.”

I’ll go with Bouchard; final answer.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
My opinion of Brady Tkachuk is similar to my opinion of Noah Dobson. I think both guys are ‘locks’ to be good 2nd line and 2nd pairing defensemen respectively. However - I don’t see either guy being a superstar. Just “very very good” players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->