Injury Report: Canucks 2017-2018 Injury Thread

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
So Eriksson joins Edler on the injured list.....but that's what happens to players over 30....the injuries start piling up....Sedins are really the exception rather than the rule. But that Eriksson signing has the potential to be the worst UFA signing in team history.

The conventional wisdom was that Eriksson would score at a decent pace early in the six year deal, but that Canucks would have to accept a drop-off by the he hit 35.....but can you imagine now what that deal will look like by then?....Egawd!

It’s a stupid contract, I hated it at the time, I didn’t want Ericksson on this team, wasn’t a fan. But how he got that Home run of a deal is beyond me, I doubt any other team would’ve offered that deal or anything near the term he got, Benning and Linden look like dumbass with that contract. Although I don’t wish injuries on a player, I can’t say I’m not glad that this means Boeser and Virtanen should be in the lineup.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
that contract cost me 5 dollars. said benning wouldn't do it. was camping and the bet was would the canucks sign loui eriksson. got reception up on a hilltop and flooded with TSN updates.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Actually a shame Eriksson is out. He was showing all the people who said he *had* to score more than last year that, no, he does not have to score more. Now his injury will be used as an excuse by management and some fans for another year of terrible production. At least they can’t use the “he’s a notorious slow starter” crap anymore.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
It’s a stupid contract, I hated it at the time, I didn’t want Ericksson on this team, wasn’t a fan. But how he got that Home run of a deal is beyond me, I doubt any other team would’ve offered that deal or anything near the term he got, Benning and Linden look like dumbass with that contract. Although I don’t wish injuries on a player, I can’t say I’m not glad that this means Boeser and Virtanen should be in the lineup.

They were dead set on hitting a huge home run with Stamkos or Lucic, and when those guys wanted nothing to do with this gong show they just kept throwing that stupid money at the next guy on their list until Eriksson was the guy who couldn't turn it down. Probably couldn't believe his luck.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Jim is so dumb he paid Eriksson based on a season where he played in literally the best spot for a winger in the entire NHL--alongside Marchand and Bergeron. Did that factor into Jim's thinking at all? I honestly think that level of analysis is beyond him.

Missing 4-6 weeks means there's no way his counting stats won't look awful at the end of the season. Will he get 10 goals? What a contract, just amazing.

Reactions: rypper

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Jim is so dumb he paid Eriksson based on a season where he played in literally the best spot for a winger in the entire NHL--alongside Marchand and Bergeron. Did that factor into Jim's thinking at all? I honestly think that level of analysis is beyond him.

Missing 4-6 weeks means there's no way his counting stats won't look awful at the end of the season. Will he get 10 goals? What a contract, just amazing.

The truly ludicrous part of that contract was that Eriksson was considered a complete dud in Boston for his first two years there (and hadn't been very good in his last year in Dallas either) and was being talked about as a cap dump for the Bruins in both the summer of 2014 and 2015. Then has one good season with elite linemates ... $36 million. Morons.

Reactions: rypper

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
I don’t think Loui is a bad player. I was a big fan of his in his Dallas days. The problem is that we are a horrible team, with our only true playmaking Center (Henrik) in steep decline. Bo is more of a bull that rushes the net, but not a playmaker with vision in any sense. After that we have nothing. Not here or in Utica.

So how is a player like Loui supposed to succeed? It still all boils down to management/Jim for not realizing that and signing him anyway. Just throw more crap at the wall and see what sticks philosophy.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
I don’t think Loui is a bad player. I was a big fan of his in his Dallas days. The problem is that we are a horrible team, with our only true playmaking Center (Henrik) in steep decline. Bo is more of a bull that rushes the net, but not a playmaker with vision in any sense. After that we have nothing. Not here or in Utica.
Exactly not here or Utica - but what about sweden? The other day people were saying that Petterson will pretty much be Backstrom.... so all we have to do is wait a few years, bingo bongo and we'll have Petterson, Dahlen and Loui all tearing it up together. All Sweidish line = too cute of a sentiment to not be excited about . It's going to be great - get your season tickets now.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Ericksson out huh.

So much for bounce back season.

Sigh, was so hoping that we wouldn't waste another 6 mil.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Knee on knee on Stecher thats gotta be a big suspension

Reactions: Hansen

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
that's better news than i was expecting.

I was expecting 8-12 weeks so yeah its better than expected... but bad timing with 2 of our top 4 down at the same time (for basically a month together). Have to imagine we're going to start looking at the waiver wire for the next month... (time to link every D on waivers to us as soon as they are waived...).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad