Post-Game Talk: Can't Win Em All - Ducks 4 Jets 3 (OT)

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Ok everyone put their pants back on, sheesh!

Matt Hendricks career shootout goals/attempts (source: hockey-reference.com)

2016 - 0/1
2015 - 2/5
2014- 0/4
2013 - 0/3
2012- 1/3
2011 - 5/6
2010 - 2/4
2009 - 1/2

Total: 11/28 = 39.28%

False: he is not 2 in his last 23. He is 2 in his last 13.
True: he hasn't been great in the last few years.

Would have preferred someone else, but it's not quite worthy of a 'OMG SO OBVIOS MAURICE IS COMPLETE MAROON ANYONE IN THE WORLD BUT HENDRICKS WRST COAH EVER!!!' reaction.

Back in the day:

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
What a ridiculous argument. Nobody wins every shootout. How can you expect perfection.

well then obviously it wasn't the right call was it?

to use the argument that they know.more.rhan me when they didn't score once in shoot out is just as bad of an argument
maybe i don't have the job because I didn't apply for it ? :sarcasm: :popcorn:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Ok everyone put their pants back on, sheesh!

Matt Hendricks career shootout goals/attempts (source: hockey-reference.com)

2016 - 0/1
2015 - 2/5
2014- 0/4
2013 - 0/3
2012- 1/3
2011 - 5/6
2010 - 2/4
2009 - 1/2

Total: 11/28 = 39.28%

False: he is not 2 in his last 23. He is 2 in his last 13.
True: he hasn't been great in the last few years.

Would have preferred someone else, but it's not quite worthy of a 'OMG SO OBVIOS MAURICE IS COMPLETE MAROON ANYONE IN THE WORLD BUT HENDRICKS WRST COAH EVER!!!' reaction.

Back in the day:

He wasn't even 2 in his last 13, he was 2 in his last 6.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Is a sample size of one relevant in any ****ing way whatsoever in a game that was almost exactly 50-50 by every math model and every professional hockey actuarial's assessment?

first all of all...
I'm being facetious because you guys got your panties in a bunch over a question

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

You are as wrong as wrong can be on this.

Literally, statistically speaking, your argument is:

> "Call it in the air"
>> "Heads"
> *flip coin* "Tails! I told you heads wasn't the right call!"

My god, it's like being down at the Regent, listening to the gamblers tell you what the right choice was after the hand or spin is over.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
first all of all...
I'm being facetious because you guys got your panties in a bunch over a question

No, that's not what happened at all. Now I know you're being myopic on purpose. Comforting to know, I guess, that no one could possibly TRULY genuinely be this thick. Have a nice day :)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

No it's not obvious. In fact just the opposite.Little scored in every shootout attempt this season. I think having him go first is exactly the right decision and I would be happy if he goes first all season. It could be argued (quite rightly IMO)Maurice would have been an idiot if he didn't stick with the same three guys who won the last shootout against Calgary

You don't have much credibility on this. You even claimed Little was terrible in the shootout and once proven wrong you are now grasping at straws.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg

to use the argument that they know.more.rhan me when they didn't score once in shoot out is just as bad of an argument

Well obviously they should have started an entirely different team, because the Jets didn't win. Bad call, Maurice! Should have sat everyone and gone with some dynamic up-and-comers. Statistics and prior success and all that, be damned....

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
You are as wrong as wrong can be on this.

Literally, statistically speaking, your argument is:

> "Call it in the air"
>> "Heads"
> *flip coin* "Tails! I told you heads wasn't the right call!"

My god, it's like being down at the Regent, listening to the gamblers tell you what the right choice was after the hand or spin is over.

I don't gamble homes. worst I do is play poker which is all about probability

it's about creating line ups that'll open up the goalie. no one opened up that goalie

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
No, that's not what happened at all. Now I know you're being myopic on purpose. Comforting to know, I guess, that no one could possibly TRULY genuinely be this thick. Have a nice day :)

it isn't? oh you can read my mind?
talk about irony and hypocrisy

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
No it's not obvious. In fact just the opposite.Little scored in every shootout attempt this season. I think having him go first is exactly the right decision and I would be happy if he goes first all season. It could be argued (quite rightly IMO)Maurice would have been an idiot if he didn't stick with the same three guys who won the last shootout against Calgary

You don't have much credibility on this. You even claimed Little was terrible in the shootout and once proven wrong you are now grasping at straws.

I never said he was terrible. I just said it wasn't the right call to start with him

you guys are putting words in my mouth good on you

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

You lost the argument. I don't think I need to add anything else.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
watch

1st goal was 100% on Laine, 2nd 100% on fat buff and 3rd 100% on Hellebyuck. Enstrom penalty was 100% because of fat buff, just look what happened there..... What the buff was he doing AGAIN

Is Josh Morrissey most underrated player in NHL right now? He must have dozen of bruises all over his body, after every game.

Now Wheeler is playing with player who is just kicking NHL door and player who is even younger and defensively learning how to survive in top 6. Same time Wheeler is learning job of playing as center against opponents top lines. People don't understand how valuable he has been with Scheifele out.

Rumor is that Jets are looking for center at trade deadline, but why move Wheeler to the wing? Copp has also been excellent at center so we should have abundance on that position.

Seriously there is no point why buff gets to play in NHL, curve is again going straight up for losing battles that create scoring changes against. He has nothing to give on power play. Lately (past couple of games) his physical edge has totally disappeared. Last night Ritchie was making screen, but buff made even bigger screen for hellebyuck. Shot came and Ritchie had stick free for deflection (buff is losing those stick battles too often). after that Ritchie had easy time to turn and look for a rebound. He decided to swing his stick to hellebyuck glove and after that challenged buff for a fight. There was no response from buff after that.

Jets need tough right handed defenseman so we can make noise in playoffs. We already have PP quarterback who can dominate in NHL with Morrissey. There is also Trouba that is making strong case for being best offensive defenseman of this team. Myers has secure place on 2nd PP he has played that role so good.

But yeah, we have a problem with Hendricks at shoot outs
Are you 4 years old , fat Buff ? I know you are going to get Buff's autograph when they play in Finland next season , and when you do ask for the autograph make sure you call him fat Buff . :laugh::popcorn:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I never said he was terrible. I just said it wasn't the right call to start with him

you guys are putting words in my mouth good on you
Why was it not the right call to start with the guy who is 3/3? Put him last and he might not even get to shoot. Bad logic.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
They always get away with a lot and they're still the most penalized team. They know they won't call everything

Which is an absolute joke. No idea why they didn’t call that check from behind on Morrissey early in the game. Guess you got roll around in pain to get those calls.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Maurice also mentioned in an interview that to practice it properly in practice it's just like a bag skate.

That to me sounds like Maurice doesn't know how to get the most out of OT, or how to coach it. In fact it sounds like he doesn't have a clue. The Ducks (and other teams the Jets have faced in OT) didn't look anything like they were bag skating.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
On the topic of practicing 3 on 3, I don't even know why much practice is required. Send out your great possession players and tell them exactly what you just said. They are professionals and shouldn't need to actually only have 3 players on the ice to know how to be patient and keep possession until something opens up.

Not directed at you, but I don't understand why it would require much (if any) actual practice.

You could divide the ice in half and have two 3-v-3 going at the same time with 6 skaters and a goalie on each half. It wouldn't exactly replicate the real thing but it would be pretty close, and you'd be using everyone who'd be involved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad