Confirmed with Link: Canes sign Josh Jooris

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Watching some YT highlights, Jooris for sure looks like a useful player. I like it, 4th liner that bring some offensive and adequate two-way game, it's good.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
In Calgary he was more of an offensive player. Him and Gaudreau played great together.

Josh was a big time scorer in college

The last 2 seasons he's been in a more defensive role. Plays amazing on the PK, he's great on face offs and he can surely chip in offensively. Very versatile player who works his top off every second of every shift. Fans will love him

Go canes

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
In Calgary he was more of an offensive player. Him and Gaudreau played great together.

The last 2 seasons he's been in a more defensive role. Plays amazing on the PK, he's great on face offs and he can surely chip in offensively. Very versatile player who works his top off every second of every shift. Fans will love him

Go canes
Thanks for this. Let`s hope for the best!

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Carolina has signed Josh Jooris to a 1 year 1 way deal

He's also my cousin. We're pumped and Carolina now has a new fan.

You are a brave man to use this line on a Mel Brooks board, Major. :sarcasm:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I dunno...the guys sitting behind me who wouldn't shut up kept saying Neek-ess. I think they might have the inside scoop...

Probs a Vegas Knigits fan.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

Go canes

Well, if we signed him, it's because his FancyStats must be off the charts.

So yay Jooris!

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Were they kids? Because the kids behind me were also saying Neek-ess.

Definitely not. These guys have an "eastern NC" accent. Always surprising when I hear someone that's a bit "country" who like the Hurricanes. Pleasantly surprising, because I think it's good for the team to have fans that aren't displaced yankees.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
J Joo

48e127150017527261323feb1ee62df5--bobs-burgers-pesto.jpg

Maybe he'll find some good chemistry with Zykov

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
Carolina has signed Josh Jooris to a 1 year 1 way deal

He's also my cousin. We're pumped and Carolina now has a new fan.

I work at Union College so I had the pleasure of watching him through college and following his career. He's an extremely hard worker that never gives up a battle. He has shown a capability to score but more often is a strong support player. Carolina won't be disappointed.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
There isn't a ton of information on Jooris but from what I can see he might actually be a good fit on a line with Skinner.

Skinner is a puck hog who needs a guy with a high motor, the ability to grind the boards in the o-zone, and at least a sniff of finishing ability. It seems that Jooris could be that type of guy. Throw Aho/Rask/Roy in the middle to add an offensive gear. Jooris could benefit Skinner much the same way that Hyman benefits Matthews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad