Canes Making Run at Playoff??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
-Raleigh

Are the Canes beginning to turn what is left of the season around?? In their last 4 games, they are 2-2. After surprisingly beating the penguins, they have lost to the Devils and Islanders but beat the Rangers at home. Three of these teams are playoff hopefuls.

In the game against the Devils, it was a tight affair through the game. It was the Devils that took their opportunities better than the Canes. Goals by Kalinin and Gaborik (2), were the big difference.

Against the Rangers, it was a stark contrast to the night before. The Rangers looked home and hosed with a 2-0 lead midway through the second. Their goals coming from Savard and Stillman. Whatever was said in that timeout after the goal, it had the desired impact as Hrkac got two goals to tie the game in the third. Using the momentum, the Hurricanes got the all important go-ahead goal through Zamuner. The Canes totally shut down the Rangers forwards after that.

Against the Islanders, the Canes more than held their own in this match. The Islanders got out to a 3-0 lead, early in the second, through the help of Cooke, Molgilny and O'Neill. In a quick fire reply, the Canes got three of their own through Hrkac, Kilger and Johnson. From then on it was heartbreak as the Canes looked as if they spent most of their feul tickets on getting back into the game. Neidermayer got the go ahead goal late in the second. The Canes refused to lie down. But it was to no avail as Mogilny totally sealed the game midway through the 3rd.

So what next for Canes. A few winnable games coming up for them in this type of form. With games against the 'Yotes, Panthers, Leafs and Flames, anything can happen as the Canes try to get themselves off the bottom of the ladder.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
3 of those teams are playoff contenders? Might I point out that my Devils are just 8 points out right now, despite the fact that I started the season 1-8?

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
kasper11 said:
3 of those teams are playoff contenders? Might I point out that my Devils are just 8 points out right now, despite the fact that I started the season 1-8?

Rich you may be 8 points outside the playoffs but anything can happen late in the year. I should know all about it. Its called Norm Maracle not losing too many games down the stretch with an OV rating of about 65, so go figure.

There are 5 teams fighting for one spot at the moment. You guys, Pens, Leafs, Rangers and Sabres are all fighting for that last and elusive spot in the East to spoil the party in the first seed in that first round. Pens are slightly sliding. I beat the Rangers and You beat me so you gain two points on the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad