Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Bust+a+cap+in+yo+ass+_f01806ade2cc286a7c536783b16a64ad.jpg

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
This might be a silly thought. But I always wondered if those bright red pads he wore helps the shooters see his five hole more easier? Wonder if white pads could actually make a difference for him haha.

There was that thought for awhile - that colored pads helped shooters more easily identify where to shoot. Somewhat famously, back when Marc-Andre Fleury wore his yellow set, an optometrist wrote him a letter opining that part of his issues was that yellow is the most sensitive color to the eye and not long after that he switched over to white pads and many goalies across the League followed suit. I honestly don't know how sensitive the eye is to that shade of red, but I don't think the color of his pads is the reason why he can't freeze the puck in his crease to save his life.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Looks more like a 1b and 3 4th lines.

I don’t like splitting up Skinner and Williams because at least while they were together they were only ****ing up one line. Now they can immediately kill the offense of two separate lines.

yeah...I was giving the McGinn, Ryan, Lindholm line the benefit of the doubt because none of them typically play on the 4th line where as Wallmark (only as he's a replacement for Kruger), PDG, and Nordstrom do.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
There was that thought for awhile - that colored pads helped shooters more easily identify where to shoot. Somewhat famously, back when Marc-Andre Fleury wore his yellow set, an optometrist wrote him a letter opining that part of his issues was that yellow is the most sensitive color to the eye and not long after that he switched over to white pads and many goalies across the League followed suit. I honestly don't know how sensitive the eye is to that shade of red, but I don't think the color of his pads is the reason why he can't freeze the puck in his crease to save his life.

Or that he can't catch a pop fly. Goalie play is as much, if not more, mental than physical so maybe he's just changing things just to try and get out of a funk. Can't hurt.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

Any context here? What effort is he not happy with, there's plenty to choose from. Although, lately the effort has been good enough for a string of wins.

It's gonna take more than a pad change to fix this guy, and he was playing much better with the same pads at the beginning of the season. That being said, screw it, it can't get much worse.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Or that he can't catch a pop fly. Goalie play is as much, if not more, mental than physical so maybe he's just changing things just to try and get out of a funk. Can't hurt.

I think this is the heart of the matter with him. If I recall correctly, his bad streak of games began with the game where he broke his original glove and then went to the new glove. Since that game, he has had a bit more problems with catching the puck along with the flubbed catch in that Rangers game. I bet the change of equipment got in his head and he has not been able to get comfortable with it yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad