GDT: Canes Gone Wild

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I mean, just to play the devil's advocate for the past few games, we knew Eric was on a hell of a hotstreak coming into this game, and Laine followed up his performance against us by putting up a hattrick in his next game.

Not that it makes a difference in the end, but this season could simply be decided because opposing star players played like star players (cough...Taylor Hall...) and our best players...didn't.

Now what Dundon/Francis/whoever does with that info is anyone's guess.

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010
I'm over Hanifin. I was so psyched that we were able to draft him and he may put it all together but I'm afraid we've screwed the pooch with him and Lindholm both and if they reach their potential it won't be in Canes jerseys. They weren't ready but we had no other option and now they know nothing but failure at this level. If we can trade him to a western team so he doesn't come back to stomp us but twice a year I'd be all over it

Why are we now picking on the one defenseman in this game that played over 20 minutes and finished with a +1? How the heck he did that while being paired with Pesce at -2 or Faulk at -2 for much of the night is somewhat telling? While he is as physically imposing as al dente pasta--his positioning is light years better than even the beginning of the season. And if he could learn how to stop a bouncing puck at the blueline, he would be even better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->