GDT: Canes attempt to finish trip to California undefeated in regulation

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Despite being a quality entry, this episode of The Simpsons drew copious amounts of flak because of the "crossover" with The Critic, a Fox show helmed by former Simpsons writers. Matt Groening didn't help with his zealous defense of former writers.

I never understood the flak. Good TV is good TV and the fact that they were using former writers just makes it a natural fit. And Jon Lovitz voiced several characters already. And football in the groin had a football in the groin.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
All the talking heads were saying how this trip could make or break the season; the season has been broken. I think there may be time to turn it around but it's going to take a coaching change or a major trade to do it and I'm just not sure Francis has that in him. I was sad the day he was named GM because I knew eventually I would sour on him- god I loved him as a player and it's making me sad that indeed I'm starting to wish he wasn't in charge.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
They need to get a shrink in there or something. The Canes carried the play last night as usual, couldn’t bury A+ scoring chances as usual, the goalie gave up a C- goal as usual, and the rookie D blew a tire creating a breakaway from nothing.

That 3rd goal is going to burn me for a long damn time. I’d have to go back and look, but I know at least 3 different players had the puck on their stick on the forehand with the ability to at worst ice the puck before the goal. If your goalie doesn’t have his stick, just get the puck the f*** out of the zone! You are goddamned professionals have some f***ing awareness of what’s going on around you.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Screw Staal. Peters didn't tell him to phone it in, stop skating hard, and only shoot fivehole.

What he did tell him was that he wasn’t a center anymore, or that he wanted him to be a wing. Something to that effect. Boudreau, ever the players coach, told him he’d be the #1C playing 20 minutes a night.

It’s entirely possible, or even probable, if Peters did that the Canes wouldn’t have been better off and Staal would still be stagnant. I don’t think either Peters or Staal handled things particularly well to be honest.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
wouldn't shock me entirely to see fleury catch a bus to charlotte in exchange for roland mckeown. peters stapled his arse to the bench and this is one game after he was scratched for klas.
Replace Fleury with Faulk and I'd get behind this idea. Faulk is killing this team with his complete piss poor effort in the d zone. And I'm starting to think his hockey IQ is significantly lower than your average Joe.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Francis has to do something at this point, right?

unnamed.gif

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Flip to Hallmark channel. 40% of the time it works 100% of the time.

Don't let your record be like the Canes in OT.
I'm not even married and this doesn't work even...EVER...instead it seems to be more of a "why can't you be like xyz?" Of course it doesn't help that I may occasionally comment like "oh, they've known each other for 2 days and are now magically in love because...REASONS??" I want to see the sequel where it shows them 2-3 years down the line after the lovey-dovey wears off...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad