Current mood:

Emperor_Good.jpg

Reactions: Unsustainable

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Yep. If it's a 2nd I'll be disappointed, a 3rd or less we are good.

(A 2nd would disappoint me because we could've gotten a similar caliber player in FA)

we're on totally different ends regarding the price, if it's just a 2nd I will be relieved. I think that's probably the bare minimum Vegas would take for burning their expansion selection from Chicago to accommodate us.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Yep. If it's a 2nd I'll be disappointed, a 3rd or less we are good.

(A 2nd would disappoint me because we could've gotten a similar caliber player in FA)

I had a thought last night.

What if this whole thing is just one big trade. Essentially, they get Brickley and a 2nd for TVR, and we lose Murphy and a 5th to not draft Stemp or Nordy, is this still a win for us?

That is....

:canes
VanReimsdyk
Protection against Stempniak
Protection against Nordstrom

:vegas
Murphy
2017 2nd
2017 5th
Brickley

Overall, that looks pretty decent on our end. Get a guy who will slot into a defensive pairing, still hold onto a couple guys we need up front for depth, and in return we ship out 2 guys who should be in the AHL and a couple picks?

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
we're on totally different ends regarding the price, if it's just a 2nd I will be relieved. I think that's probably the bare minimum Vegas would take for burning their expansion selection from Chicago to accommodate us.

Yeah I guess if it's linked to getting off scot free last night I'd get it, Brickley was throwaway for sure.

I suppose I was looking at them separately.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Yeah I guess if it's linked to getting off scot free last night I'd get it, Brickley was throwaway for sure.

I suppose I was looking at them separately.

Well, it's that and it's also the fact that not only are we trading for the value of the player we're trading for, we're also trading for the value of the lost asset that Vegas would have taken from Chicago had the price for flipping TVR to us not dissuaded them from taking their original target if all that jumbled nonsense makes any sense.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Well, it's that and it's also the fact that not only are we trading for the value of the player we're trading for, we're also trading for the value of the lost asset that Vegas would have taken from Chicago had the price for flipping TVR to us not dissuaded them from taking their original target if all that jumbled nonsense makes any sense.

But the "lost asset" from Chicago probably wasn't worth a 2nd on its own, was it?

I don't think they really had much worth taking, did they? I bet given their choice they would've rather taken CHI's 2nd than TVR, given the 12 dmen on their roster right now (and not including Theodore).

EDIT: looking at Chicago's protected list now, the only player similar in value was Pokka, who's super meh. If I'm McPhee, and the rules don't prohibit it, I would've rather have taken a 2nd from CHI than any individual player, which would be almost exactly what they'd do if they traded him to us for a 2nd.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Oooh another fun one from the main board. Someone just floated out that we're trading Fleury in this deal.

Because that makes sense.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
But the "lost asset" from Chicago probably wasn't worth a 2nd on its own, was it?

I don't think they really had much worth taking, did they? I bet given their choice they would've rather taken CHI's 2nd than TVR, given the 12 dmen on their roster right now (and not including Theodore).

I suppose whatever random asset they would have taken and its value doesn't really matter as much as it matters that as opposed to that asset, they chose an asset on our behalf. That seems to have some pertinence as it pertains to the price I would suspect. But considering that it's 45 minutes after the deal and we still don't have the other piece of the trade, I will now assume it was free. Thanks Vegas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->