TSN: Canadiens leaning a lot, maybe too much, on Price

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
If there is one question I get more than any other this season, it's what to make of this year's Montreal Canadiens. At 28-13-3 (59 points), Montreal has a fairly considerable lead over the playoff hopefuls currently sitting outside of the top-eight. Because of this, attention has rightly turned from whether or not the team will make the postseason, to whether or not the team can make a deep playoff push.

http://www.tsn.ca/canadiens-leaning-a-lot-maybe-too-much-on-price-1.187481

yost-eccontenders_52874.jpg

yost-price_52992.jpg

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Was there really any doubt about this? Pretty much anyone who watches the Habs regularly can clearly see this is the case most games especially how poorly the Habs start most games this season.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Just like Nashville relies on Rinne, Pittsburg on Crosby and Malkin, LA on Kopitar, Boston on Rask, Tampsa on Bishop or Stamkos, NY on Lundquist, Isles on Tavares etc etc etc.

I hate when they act like Price isn't a regular player on this team. He's just as important as any other star player is to their team.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Awwwwwwwwww is poor TSN's team bombing again this year..........have to find things to dig up on the real teams of the league..........joke of a network :rant:

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
I don't understand the goalie graph, well why is he compared to guys like Howard,Fleury instead of Rinne, Quick, Lundqvist ...

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Just like Nashville relies on Rinne, Pittsburg on Crosby and Malkin, LA on Kopitar, Boston on Rask, Tampsa on Bishop or Stamkos, NY on Lundquist, Isles on Tavares etc etc etc.

I hate when they act like Price isn't a regular player on this team. He's just as important as any other star player is to their team.

Why do you do that in a thread with a graph clearly showing you the opposite?

Stamkos? What about Johnson, Kucherov, Callahan, Palat and Filppula?
How much do you rely on one 40+ points player (Stamkos) when you have 3 of them? (Johnson, Kucherov, Stamkos) and 3 more 30+ points players (Callahan, Palat, Fulppula)? That seems kinda balanced to me...

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

Are teams dependent on their superstars? Absolutely. But the underlying story here is that our outlying numbers aren't pretty and we are winning because of Price. The fact we are producing wins and points at the pace of these other teams with such bad advanced stats is a testament to how good Price is.

It's hard to measure the performance of a goaltender vs that of a skater, but if you compare Rinne and Price's shot faced graphs you see Price has been getting a lot more shots in the slot.

I think Carey is the most heavily leaned upon player in the league to carry his team.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Awwwwwwwwww is poor TSN's team bombing again this year..........have to find things to dig up on the real teams of the league..........joke of a network :rant:

I guess they need to change the subject from the Laffs

Yup...bitter TSN!

Toronto's Sports Network (TSN) should worry about their own team.

Bernier, Reimer, Kessel, JVR, Lupul, Phaneuf's sweet contract, Kadri, Rieilly, Franson, Clarkson's sweet contract...and they can't score more than 2 goals in their last 5 losses...?? (don't they always say that they have an amazing team??!!).

They should concentrate on their team!! (TSN...always getting bitter when our Habs win).

P.S. earlier in the season when Leaves were winning more...they had a panel on making the playoffs,etc...
Bob Mckenzie was given crap by Laff fans for saying (back then) he didn't think they were a playoff team!! (truth hurts). The others were boasting about how great they thought the Leaves are/were!! They really should worry about their own team instead of making obvious bitter remarks about our Habs.

Last edited:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I find it interesting that Nashville isn't listed there... why not ?

I don't understand the goalie graph, well why is he compared to guys like Howard,Fleury instead of Rinne, Quick, Lundqvist ...

Because then they would have to show that Nashville is leaning on Rinne, NY on Lundqvist and that would go against the made up premise of their article.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Are teams dependent on their superstars? Absolutely. But the underlying story here is that our outlying numbers aren't pretty and we are winning because of Price. The fact we are producing wins and points at the pace of these other teams with such bad advanced stats is a testament to how good Price is.

It's hard to measure the performance of a goaltender vs that of a skater, but if you compare Rinne and Price's shot faced graphs you see Price has been getting a lot more shots in the slot.

I think Carey is the most heavily leaned upon player in the league to carry his team.

http://blogues.radio-canada.ca/blog...-la-lnh-les-hommes-masques-qui-changent-tout/

Not that big of a difference between Tokarski and Price in point earning %.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad