Canadians, Who Are You Cheering For Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrix

Dec 16, 2005
Montreal
Tricolore#20 said:
Finland because of Saku Koivu. Although it wouldn't hurt me if Russia (Kovalev and Markov) or the Czech (Bulis) won either. I don't care much for the Swedes, as they have no Canadiens.

Me too!!!

As far as the Swedes I definately don't want them to win 'cause an injustice has been made.....they didn't pick Sundstrom so I'll be the first one to come back here when they lose 'cause they didn't do the little things right.... ;)

Matrix

Dec 16, 2005
Montreal
But what pisses me off the most is that the best final game that finally I'll be able to watch on Sunday was either a Russia-Can final or at least a Russia-Finland final but again I'll be at work and can't watch that :madfire:

But at least, as Hab Fans, we're sure will see either Saks or Kovy and Markov in the Finals and that's great news.....if they are not hurt in the process......No Canucks syndrome for us please.... :cry:

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
I'll cheer for Finland, Everybody likes the Finns.

I'm Canadian so I'm not allowed to like the Russians (those damn dirty Russians and their smooth skating and pin-point passing), despite Sweden being filled with tall, built, beautiful blonde women, I would just feel icky cheeing for those Norway touchers, and as for the other guys, well, I'm still hurting over '98.

Plus, I just can't get enough of the commentators saying "And I'm not Jokinen around" or "You must be Jokinen!" The Finns have the coolest names in the world, they deserve to win.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I cheer for Finland since Slovakia was eliminated... I often told that I didn't like Team Canada's selection, and thus, doesn't deserve my cheerings.

Why Finland? Intensity and Team Work.
As a part-time Finland fan, Swede-hating is my duty. Anyways, they're overrated all the way. Koivu > Sundin and Selanne > Forsberg.

Russians are somewhat loaded with hot dogs, and a player who kicks another one deserves a half-second meeting with Bryan Marchment. I sincerly hope Evgeni Malkin's career will end soon whatever "violent" reason.

and the Czechs?

H-N-I-L-I-C-K-A.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Definitely Russia. And hopefully Kozlov scores eight goals in the semi-final and final so that Lou can dupe some GM into giving up a 2nd for him. :)

Matrix

Dec 16, 2005
Montreal
MXD said:
and the Czechs?

H-N-I-L-I-C-K-A.

I can't believe the Czechs go with Hnilicka instead of Vokoun.....Obviously after seeing the Canada game I understood that more but I still think Vokoun should deserve another chance.

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
I'm cheering for the end of the Olympics, with none of our other NHLers getting injured... so I can finally enjoy what is more important - a playoff run!

The Olympics were disappointing, but they are what they are - a sideshow every 4 yrs for the NHL. If you've grown up a fan of an NHL team - which I have - and have invested A LOT more time cheering for that team, than for the Olympic team, then you will be cheering for a return for the Olympics and watching your team during the playoff run (or on their way to a top draft pick and a rebuild towards next season).

Ironchef Chris Wok*

I'm Cheering for Finland's Saku "More Guts and Smarts in my 5'10 body than Team Canada Combined" Koivu

Sonny Lamateena

Nov 2, 2004
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm dissapointed that Canada is out but I feel they lost to a better team. I still plan on watching as much of the remaining games as i can, I've enjoyed the entire tournament. I love watching the Fins, i'm convinced you will never outwork them, the only way to beat them is by having a better team because they never quit. That being said, now that Canada's gone I'm back to being a Ranger fan, I'll be cheering for all the Ranger players to do well and come back healthy, no matter what happens atleast one of them will be bringing back a gold medal.

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I'm now cheering for Sweden, two reasons.

One, they really blew it in 2002 and a little redemption may bring some pride back...

two, Sundin...he's never going to win anything in Toronto, might as well have a good memory somewhere in his career...

My second choice is Russia...just like how Bure has turned around their Russian program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad