Canadian Players Not Dressing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I assuming every team will have to sit out 5 guys for each game, so which guys do you think Canada will sit out in game 1. I know alot will depend on the exhibition games. I'm saying Brewer and Redden are out on d and Morrow, Maltby and one of Yzerman or Lemieux won't be in up front

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
DaaaaB's said:
I assuming every team will have to sit out 5 guys for each game, so which guys do you think Canada will sit out in game 1. I know alot will depend on the exhibition games. I'm saying Brewer and Redden are out on d and Morrow, Maltby and one of Yzerman or Lemieux won't be in up front

The only way Yzerman or Lemieux are not in the lineup is if they are hurt and not on the team. Then a replacement(s) would be named. You don't sit guys like that.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
i can see lemieux resting in some of the pre-tournament games. at least one of either marleu, morrow, and maltby will probably sit every game unless theres injuries

Lexicon Devil

Apr 21, 2002
re

It's very difficult to say on paper, when in reality the decision will come down to who shows the most chemistry in the exhibition games.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Obviously neither Lemieux or Yzerman are at 100% health. That's why I had Lemieux down as possibly being a scratch. As for Yzerman i could see him being sat some games simply because there are guys that could be more effective. eg. Marleau, Richards. Also i said this was for game 1 of the tournament not medal round games, maybe the coaches would like to rest mario or y-man for a game or two

rob111

Jun 18, 2004
I also think Lemieux will sit during the round robin. I'm thinking the game in Toronto against Russia. It is the last game before the elimination round and he will want to play in Montreal against USA and probably against Slovakia.

Look out for Mario come the Quarter-Finals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->