Canada's Starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Who do you think will start for Canada in the World Cup, i'm sure mostly everyone will say Brodeur but I am not so sure. Luongo had arguably the better season and got robbed of the Vezina. I know Brodeur won the Olympics for Canada but Luongo turned in arguably the best goaltending performance at the World Juniors in my recent memory.

Vic Rattlehead*

Andrew_11 said:
Who do you think will start for Canada in the World Cup, i'm sure mostly everyone will say Brodeur but I am not so sure. Luongo had arguably the better season and got robbed of the Vezina. I know Brodeur won the Olympics for Canada but Luongo turned in arguably the best goaltending performance at the World Juniors in my recent memory.
Brodeur is starter unless he suffers an injury.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Brodeur will start for sure. But I think that in one of the three round robin games it'll be Luongo. Say maybe Slovakia or Russia. Think about it, Luongo is every bit as good as Brodeur and I wouldnt be the least bit apprehensive if he were in net for the Gold Medal game even. Since it may very well be against Sweden remember Luongo beat the two years in a row for the gold at the Worlds.

These are the two best goalies in the world. I dont think putting Luongo in for a game will hurt. No one is better on any other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->