Canada's goalies next year ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooky371*

Even if Tteam Canada has win golf, I were (decu) work of Jeff Glass, say that it is not the best guard than have is had... I wondered, according to you who will be the 2 goaltender of Team Canada next year, at Vancouver???

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
Peters and Shantz from the Ontario Hockey League are a few of the notable names that would be eligible. Taylor and LaCosta are the only other OHL names that come to mind but I would consider both long shots to get a camp invite.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Spooky371 said:
Even if Tteam Canada has win golf, I were (decu) work of Jeff Glass, say that it is not the best guard than have is had... I wondered, according to you who will be the 2 goaltender of Team Canada next year, at Vancouver???
Possibly David Shantz. I expect him to rebound from his bad season, hopefully he can get out of Missisauga as he's struggling and splitting time. Had he played like he has in the past, he would've been a lock for team Canada this year.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I'm thinking Devan Dubnyk and David Shantz, however both have struggled a bit this year, especially Shantz so i'm hoping they'll go with whoever is hot at the time. I'll be in Vancouver next year but I'm not convinced that Canada will be a good candidate. They'll always have a good chance to win, I'm just hoping they'll come through next year in front of the home crowd. Who will be our go to guys up front?

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Shantz and Peters are the OHL guys that need to rebound. Dubnyk and maybe a younger guy like Price in the WHL could bound. Ellis-Plante or some of this year's draft guys in the Q could be worth a look. :dunno: It'll be a tougher year, presumably, and it would be nice if the goalie could really rise to the occasion, since nobody will get a free ride like Glass did this year.

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
Andrew_11 said:
I'm thinking Devan Dubnyk and David Shantz, however both have struggled a bit this year, especially Shantz so i'm hoping they'll go with whoever is hot at the time. I'll be in Vancouver next year but I'm not convinced that Canada will be a good candidate. They'll always have a good chance to win, I'm just hoping they'll come through next year in front of the home crowd. Who will be our go to guys up front?

My apologies, I thought Dubnyk was an '85 for some reason. I would say Dubnyk-Shantz is the most likely pairing as well. Unless we're missing someone from the Q.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
If things continue at this pace, it would be blasphemous for Julien Ellis to not at least get a chance to tryout.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
I think Justin Peters is a better goalie than Shantz, however neither have played to their capabilities this year and both will need to get things turned around to even earn consideration. They aren't playing on that level right now.

Dubnyk and Ellis-Plante perhaps?

Last edited:

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
*A homer post*

Oh gawd, Canada vs USA final...........Ellis-Plante vs Corey Schneider (Canucks top 2 goaltending prospects, outside of Auld), :bow: :bow:

*crosses fingers*

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Spooky371 said:

Carey Price will be there. :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad