Dominik Uher (Czech Republic)
Brett Connolly (Canada)
Shane Prince (USA)

Missed the cut:

Zack Phillips (Canada) - Grumble.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
I dont know where final rosters are, but these guys were invited to camp. Can anyone confirm if they were cut?

Ryan Strome F - CAN *made team
Nick Bjugstad F - USA
Johan Gustaffson G - SWE
Fredrik Claesson D - SWE
Alessio Bertaggia F - SUI
Joonas Donskoi F - FIN

Cut
Alex Petrovic D - CAN

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Charlie Coyle (USA)
Brandon Saad (USA)
David Musil (CZECH)
Petr Straka (CZECH)

Decent showing if these are indeed the final rosters on the IIHFli link above

FYI I think I read that Coyle had left college for the Q. Not sure what that means for him, other than that he'll be available to the pros earlier.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Devils so far:

Yevgeni Kuznetsov, Traktor Chelyabinsk (RUS/KHL)
Freddie Hamilton, Niagara IceDogs (OHL)
Stephen Johns, Univ. of Notre Dame (CCHA)
Jarred Tinordi, London Knights (OHL)
Emerson Etem, Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL)
Teemu Pulkkinen, Jokerit Helsinki (FIN)

I would guess Johns and Tinordi are maybes, Hamilton is in and Kuznetsov, Etem and Pulkkinen are locks.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Looking like 5 for the Ducks...

Miikka Salomaki (FIN)
T.J. Tynan (USA)
Adam Clendening (USA)
Marek Tvrdon (SLV)
Jaden Schwartz (CAN)

One rather obvious omission is Rocco Grimaldi for USA, who's been hampered by injuries all season with North Dakota.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Devils so far:

I would guess Johns and Tinordi are maybes, Hamilton is in and Kuznetsov, Etem and Pulkkinen are locks.

Damn, Rich. You could have 3 or 4 of those guys amongst the WJC scoring leaders. Nice, in particular the value out of big brother Freddie.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
As of now:

JT Miller (USA)
Johan Sundstrom (Sweden)
Joakim Nordstrom (Sweden)
Gregory Hofmann (Switzerland

There are a few things to note though. First, Miller's not official, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't make the final roster. Also, Jeremy Boyce-Rotevall is playing the pre-tournament games with Sweden as a spare, so he may ultimately play as well. Finally, Justin Faulk obviously would have played but wasn't released.

I had hoped Stuart Percy, Matt Nieto and Justin Holl would get a look. Nieto in particular is a surprise, because he's had a great season.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Devils so far:

Johns and Tinordi are in, so it looks like the Devils will have a busy WJC. Now if only it was on Vs instead of NHL network so I could actually watch some games....

http://www.usahockey.com/world_junior_championship_2012/default.aspx?NAV=AF_02&ID=309480

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Looks like the rest of the countries have rounded out their preliminary rosters: http://www.iihf.com/channels1112/wm20/teams.html

Columbus with decent representation, adding Nemeth for Sweden.
W Devante Smith-Pelley, CAN
D Dougie Hamilton, CAN
W Jason Zucker, USA
D Patrik Nemeth, SWE

Update: Zucker has been named Captain of Team USA, and Smith-Pelley is an Alternate Captain with Team Canada. Both have impressed in pre-tournament exhibition.

CoyotesHFNHL

May 30, 2010
Two of my players got invited, one of them made team Canada..

D Scott Harrington

D Jerome Gauthier-Leduc was cut. But it was nice to see D Nathan Chiarlitti, and RW Brett Ritchie gets Canada/Russia invites. Chiarlitti particularly had a great outing in his game.

For once my top WJC competitors will be non Canadians.

C Mika Zibanejad SWE
D Oscar Kelfbom SWE
RW Ivan Telegin RUS

Zibanejad has already looked like a man amongst boys in pre-tournament play, and I expect him to have a huge impact in this tournament. Note the physical play he showed in the Canada game. He threw several big hits, while still showing dynamic offensive qualities. I still think he will emerge as a slightly more talented version of Gabriel Landeskog when all is said and done.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
As of now:

JT Miller (USA)
Johan Sundstrom (Sweden)
Joakim Nordstrom (Sweden)
Gregory Hofmann (Switzerland

There are a few things to note though. First, Miller's not official, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't make the final roster. Also, Jeremy Boyce-Rotevall is playing the pre-tournament games with Sweden as a spare, so he may ultimately play as well. Finally, Justin Faulk obviously would have played but wasn't released.

I had hoped Stuart Percy, Matt Nieto and Justin Holl would get a look. Nieto in particular is a surprise, because he's had a great season.

So Boyce-Rotevall is in, because Pontus Aberg is hurt.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Looks like only 2 Oilers prospects are participating in the tournament this year.

USA
D - Derek Forbort

Finland
G - Christopher Gibson

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
:wild

D Artem Sergeev (Russia)
D Jamie Oleksiak (Canada)
D Jonas Brodin (Sweden)
F Sven Bartschi (Switzerland)
F Dmitrij Jaskin (Czech Republic)
F Mikael Granlund (Finland) *Captain

Booyah!

CoyotesHFNHL

May 30, 2010
So I guess those of you watching SWE/LAT know why I've said what I've said about Zibanejad. He's on the big stage and showing what he's capable of.

CoyotesHFNHL

May 30, 2010
I'm more so talking about his intelligence on the ice. Look at the one goal he scored. Doesn't matter who's in net, that was pinpoint accuracy with a quick release. Throw an NHL goaltender in against that shot, unlikely they stop it. Hell Girgensons' Latvia got destroyed, but you can still see his intelligence on the ice, just doesn't help when his teammates can't read the play and feed it to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->