Canada west playoffs

SP Saskatuned

Aug 2, 2011
Saskatoon, SASK.
Rusty Rutherford

What was with the rust build-up on the ice? Is that a usual problem there?

:sarcasm:Well, Rustyford ... err Rutherford Rink ... is known for its many rust delays whenever the puck hits the steel beams in the rafters. It's a problem seemingly unique to the 86-year-old Dog House.

There were three rust delays in Friday's game but who's counting. :shakehead

The Huskies' student trainers are so trained at this that they're on the ice, pronto, and well equipped to sweep the metal shavings and rust away out of harm's way.
:handclap:

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
West Finals

The atmosphere must have been electric in that rink, over 1000 fans in a place that seats 6-700.
Home ice is huge in that series, not a position that the veteran Bears are accustomed.
Small ice surface, where the fans can get in your head.
With Alberta, it's not over till it's over! They have by far the most 5'th year players of any team in the CIS playoffs.

Bob Stauffer

Aug 4, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Huskies were the better team this week-end. Alberta seemed rather disengaged. Translation the Bears played like they were looking past the Canada West Final.
Alberta's Defence had an interesting composition to it.
Bears will need to significantly elevate the level of their performance in Halifax.
My guess is the Bears will open up seeded #5. likely against the AUS runner-up.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Huskies were the better team this week-end. Alberta seemed rather disengaged. Translation the Bears played like they were looking past the Canada West Final.
Bears will need to significantly elevate the level of their performance in Halifax.

If seeded 5th they would play the OUA runner-up. And if UNB wins the AUS, they would be seeded 1st and likely play the OUA 3rd place team in the same side of the bracket.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada

"D" Interesting composition?

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Alberta

Does Levko Koper receive an automatic suspension for a major during the tail end of game #2 against Saskatchewan and if so, would this carry over to the first game at Nationals?

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Good question. I couldn't find CW playing regs. Box score indicated a Major for charging at 20:00. In AUS, most majors are ejection but no suspension.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Looks like they changed it in the boxscore...it was originally a 5 minute major + game misconduct, which I assume would have carried an automatic 1 game suspension as well. It is now showing as a 5 minute major + 10 minute misconduct...if that's the case then I can see him being ok for game 1.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
All 5min Majors come with automatic GMs (no way around it - they must have recorded it wrong).

This also likely means he will have at least a minimum of 1 game suspension and possible more depending on how they review it within the CW. If this was the AUS - I could see a 3-4 suspension (looking back to Critchlow vs SMU in 2013 who got 5)

SP Saskatuned

Aug 2, 2011
Saskatoon, SASK.
Dinos' King released by AHL's Texas Stars

University of Calgary Dinos grad Kevin King, who had signed an amateur tryout, has been released by the AHL's Texas Stars. Former U of S Huskie Derek Hulak is finishing his second season with the Dallas Stars' top affiliate.

King Released from Tryout Agreement
Mar 17, 2016
Rookie Forward Skated Three Games for Texas

CEDAR PARK, Texas – The Texas Stars, American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL’s Dallas Stars, announced Thursday forward Kevin King has been released from his professional tryout agreement with the team.

King, 26, appeared in three games for Texas and registered no points. The 6-foot-1, 205-pound forward tallied 95 points in 112 games during his collegiate career (33-62=95) at the University of Calgary. King is a Calgary, Alberta native and played five seasons of junior hockey in the Western Hockey League. He recorded 221 points (95-126=221) for the WHL’s Kootenay Ice from 2006-2011, and attended training camp with the Dallas Stars in 2010.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad