GDT: Canada vs US IIHF World Hockey Championship 8AM MT

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I missed some of the first and only saw parts of the game but the play didnt seem that lopsided to me. Kuemper definitely wasnt good though.

Hard for any team to win when a goalie puts up that kind of performance. How couldn't the management team not find any goalies better than McElhinney and Kuemper? Yuck.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Not a great game to watch. Kemper was awful. What a terrible penalty McDavid took in overtime. A really lazy play. Most of the players looked disinterested.
Classic opening game for IIHF tournaments. I always prefer good teams getting at least one game vs a blueberry nation before going up against one of the big teams.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Hard for any team to win when a goalie puts up that kind of performance. How couldn't the management team not find any goalies better than McElhinney and Kuemper? Yuck.
That third goal was something else. Kind of looked like Keumper was jumping towards the puck or jumping out of the way. I haven’t seen a goalie do that since Scrivens final days here.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
:laugh:
I know it's france, but Russia's second goal on the PP I think there was no player within 5 m of Buchnevic who was 1 m in front on the goal...

Russia 3-0 after 10 mins, they already stopped playing.

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Classic opening game for IIHF tournaments. I always prefer good teams getting at least one game vs a blueberry nation before going up against one of the big teams.

:laugh: I've never heard the term 'blueberry nation' before. Is this a translation of a saying?

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
:laugh: I've never heard the term 'blueberry nation' before. Is this a translation of a saying?
Right, I always forget that it isn't a english term. That is the Swedish term for ... ummm, not sure exactly but I guess it is something like beginners (like in new to the sport) or something like that.

Reactions: Aerrol

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Right, I always forget that it isn't a english term. That is the Swedish term for ... ummm, not sure exactly but I guess it is something like beginners (like in new to the sport) or something like that.

North American term is creme puff (or creampuff).

Reactions: LaGu

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Figured we should have a thread as this is our playoffs :naughty:

As your cousin, I would like to remind you to make the GDT as nice as possible. Use this as a motivation:

Hey guys this is mowzie, this is my first gdt of the season this year so bear with me incase it's not the gr8test gdt ever lol today is the first day of the rest of are lifes i cant remember who quoted that but its so true tried tested and true and i think for the oilers we are gonna see a revolution tonight verse the predators i know we are frustrated with are guys lots these days but no way we lose against the predators for sure hey guys its like that song my micheal jackson thriller i think it will be an exciting game but no zombies hey guys i love that song rip king of pop but i dont even think it will be a thriller because edmonton is gonna route nashville so bad tonight without Ryan Sutter i hate all the sutters but they would be good coaches but not as good as coach kruger but when i was smaller those freddy krueger movies i thought they were sooooo scary eh pajarvii has been hot to trot lately like are best player for real i hope he gets alot of ice time tonight against nashville hey guys hall seems like hes almost hurt or something but i think he will brake out against the predators tonight hey guys sure nashville has a good team but really they cant match us hey guys i think edmonton is just gonna come out flying that beth middler song wind between my wings and crush the predators team like a juice box hey guys anyways thats about all i want to say they game is on in the evening on the tv and radio hope my mom lets me stay up late to watch this my cousins are coming to visit us this weekend and i think we are gonna play street hockey my one cousin hes so tall and its hard to play with him because he always elbows me so i dont know if ill be able to watch any of the game but my other cousin has an ipod so we might hook up speakers and listen outside to some of it anyways thats all for now guys go oilers boooooo nashville and there ugly jerseys they look like my grandpas blankets lol hey guys do your grandmas have ugly blankets mine has lots but shes so nice she makes the best carrot cake

Amazing content by the great Mowzie.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
At any rate, Hughes was probably the best defenceman on the ice tonight. For either team.

Damn you, Raab now I'm getting onboard.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Figured we should have a thread as this is our playoffs :naughty:
For the next days we should make a general GDT, feels odd posting about other teams in the CAN USA thread... And if I start a Swe -Belarussia thread no one will read it...

Reactions: Mez and Aerrol

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
For the next days we should make a general GDT, feels odd posting about other teams in the CAN USA thread... And if I start a Swe -Belarussia thread no one will read it...
go ahead, it's more on topic than what's happening here

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

No reason to not use this thread. Just get the title changed to be more general.

Reactions: LaGu

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
SWE - BLR
Wait... I missed something here, isn't Lias Andersson supposed to be suspended for the Silver medal stunt he pulled in the WJHC??

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
SWE - BEL
Wait... I missed something here, isn't Lias Andersson supposed to be suspended for the Silver medal stunt he pulled in the WJHC??

They were suspended for future WJHC games.

Which is a good joke because most of the players who were suspended are now too old to play anyways.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
They were suspended for future WJHC games.

Which is a good joke because most of the players who were suspended are now too old to play anyways.
But they changed the verdict today.
Dahlin who was suspended from U18 is suspened from the WJHC, and the others are supposed to be suspened from the WHC.

Gotta go look.

Edit: :laugh: what a joke
He's suspended from next year's IIHF WHC.
IIHF at its best... :thumbu:
What a bunch of clowns

Reactions: oXo Cube

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
For the CAN - USA game it was country and western music, for the RUS - FRA game it was techno/electro (Russian style) and in the SWE - BLR game it's DJ ÖTZI ...

I hate the music but like the intent of the organiser :)

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Klingberg tired of being called skinny:

benenbloggen.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->