Canada vs. OUA ALL-STARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
1-0 after one period for the nationals.
Man, the OUA guys are alot more physical than I expected - they've stood Crosby up with a couple of stiff checks...Getzlaf got nailed...even big Henrich was sent flying. :eek:
Anyway, very sloppy so far. Hoping the juniors start to gel a bit more in the 2nd.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
derbyfan said:
1-0 after one period for the nationals.
Man, the OUA guys are alot more physical than I expected - they've stood Crosby up with a couple of stiff checks...Getzlaf got nailed...even big Henrich was sent flying. :eek:
Anyway, very sloppy so far. Hoping the juniors start to gel a bit more in the 2nd.
What OUA stands for?

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
Tambellini, Dawes, Perry, Stewart, Getzlaf, Dixon are all playing well.

Crosby hasnt had a ton of good chances. Talbot, Brent, and Collinton have been pretty quiet.

Also - Burns, Paille, and Carter arent playing. Neither is White or Coburn. So I am assuming they are letting the scrubs battle for last spot.

Right now if I were to pick a team

Burns
Paille
Carter
Crosby
Perry
Getzlaf
Stewart
Talbot
Richards
Tambellini
Dawes
Henrich

Dixon - 13th

Coburn
Phaneuf
Belle
Seabrooke
White
Klein

Swason or Gorges - 7th

Fleury
Droiun Deslauiers

Last edited:

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
2-0 final.

Lines for the most part were:

Stewart/Dawes/Richards
Crosby/Dixon/Perry
Bondrizak/Talbot/Getzlaf
Tambellni/Colliton/Brent
Henrich

Dmen:

Belle, Klien, Phaneuf, Seabrooke, Egener, Gorges, Swanson

Not dressed: Burns, Coburn, Paille, Carter

Players who looked good:

Stewart
Dawes
Perry
Getzlaf
Tambellini
Klien
Phaneuf
Egener

Players who looked so/so:

Talbot
Dixon
Crosby
Richards
Bondrizak
Belle
Seabrooke
Swanson

Players who looked bad:

Brent
Colliton
Henrich
Gorges

ALL the goalies played really well.

Heater15

Jun 22, 2003
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Were Deslauriers and Ward placed on the OUA team so they could get evaluated better by facing more shots? IMO those are the 2 who are fighting for the 3rd position going with Fleury and Harding as their 2. I watched the 3rd period only but Deslauriers played very very good.

I think we are going to be in for a surpruse with Crosby. I think everybody is expecting him to step in and light the lamp 20 times, but he's 16 dudes. Sure Ovechkin did it last year, but just because Crosby's a very high profile prospect doesn't mean he's going to come in and score at will. Just be patient. Spezza and Bouwmeester never lit it up as 16 year olds and both are high profilers as well. Spezza never had a huige offensive tourny last year and look how he's doing now?

I also thought Crosby had a good 3rd. He never got any points (I dont think it went in before the buzzer did it?) but he created opportunities. Remember some people were 8 years older or something like that. I think he'll do alright.

just my 2 cents tho

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
everyone played sloppy in teh first 2 periods, but SID was way off, he couldnt even handle the puck. Worst ive seen him play ever.

He is 16, Ovechkin was 17 last year. People seem to think Sidney is only a year behind Ovechkin, but he is 2.

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
From what I saw, Crosby was checked very hard throughout the game and had a tough time creating space.
He had a couple of nice set-ups, however the puck seemed to keep bouncing off his stick tonight. I AM a Sydney fan, and yes, he's younger than everyone else. However, I'm interested in seeing if he can have more of an impact tomorrow.
Nigel Dawes really showed some great moves, and our "D" looked pretty good, especially Klein I thought.
The OUA guys really impressed me with the way they held the juniors in check. These games are normally an anual blowout, with the youngsters padding their stat totals. Not tonight, obviously.
I'm wondering if I should be worried, because in the past these games have been a cakewalk for our juniors. :confused:

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
derbyfan said:
From what I saw, Crosby was checked very hard throughout the game and had a tough time creating space.
He had a couple of nice set-ups, however the puck seemed to keep bouncing off his stick tonight. I AM a Sydney fan, and yes, he's younger than everyone else. However, I'm interested in seeing if he can have more of an impact tomorrow.
Nigel Dawes really showed some great moves, and our "D" looked pretty good, especially Klein I thought.
The OUA guys really impressed me with the way they held the juniors in check. These games are normally an anual blowout, with the youngsters padding their stat totals. Not tonight, obviously.
I'm wondering if I should be worried, because in the past these games have been a cakewalk for our juniors. :confused:

The shots were 50-20. If it wasnt for all 4 goalies being from the CHL it would have been liek 8-0

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
The shots were 50-20. If it wasnt for all 4 goalies being from the CHL it would have been liek 8-0

Didn't realize the shots were that imbalanced. Still, as an example, I was much more impressed by the performance of the WHL squad 2 weeks ago than tonight's team. They seemed to mesh much better as a unit right away.
Anyway, there's much room for improvement, but thankfully also still much time. Can't wait to see Burns play tomorrow.

letterH

Nov 16, 2003
Kamloops, BC
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
2-0 final.

Lines for the most part were:

Stewart/Dawes/Richards
Crosby/Dixon/Perry
Bondrizak/Talbot/Getzlaf
Tambellni/Colliton/Brent
Henrich

Dmen:

Belle, Klien, Phaneuf, Seabrooke, Egener, Gorges, Swanson

Not dressed: Burns, Coburn, Paille, Carter

Players who looked good:

Stewart
Dawes
Perry
Getzlaf
Tambellini
Klien
Phaneuf
Egener

Players who looked so/so:

Talbot
Dixon
Crosby
Richards
Bondrizak
Belle
Seabrooke
Swanson

Players who looked bad:

Brent
Colliton
Henrich
Gorges

ALL the goalies played really well.

Now I know I have a bias towards the West players but I cant believe I watched the same game as you did. I cant see how you can say Gorges played bad, yes he isnt a first round pick or isnt a flashy guy but he was solid in his own end, nailed out Egener time and time again and had great first passes out of the zone, better than all other D. How you can say Stewart looked good is beyond me, this guy had one good rush and stunk it up the rest of the game. I wasnt impressed with Klein either.

But seriously, how can you say Egener looked good? I mean I am a former Hitman season ticket holder and lover the team dearly still, but he was terrible. If it wasnt for Gorges he would have been a minus 4. I predict he'll be gonzo in the morning.

Once again Shawn Belle proved he can do a whole lot of nothing. Somehow he keeps fooling people, yet the funny thing is not even Tri-Cities fans would say he deserves to make this team. I hope if he makes the team he earns it and its not because he is a first rounder who has been hyped for so long. Yes he can skate but his lack of hockey sense and passion make him prone to errors. I see him being exploited if he makes the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad