Canada & USA uniforms....abomination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owen

Roster Guru
Sep 13, 2003
Honus Joglund said:
College hockey teams have the best looking jerseys in my opinion. The people calling the shots actually care about tradition and it shows in the beauty jerseys that some of the teams wear.
Yeah, my hockey team wears the Maine Black Bears jerseys, but I digress...

Okay, so it looks like Sweden and Switzerland are the only countries that haven't degraded themselves to the swift jerseys.

As Pejorative Slured as those vertical sleeve stripes look, if it weren't for those, the jerseys would just be practice jerseys with a team logo on them. Plain, standard, ugly, and stupid.

I think we should all write angry letters to Nike.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
King Henry I said:
The problem with the new jerseys is that they blend in too well with the pants, making it look like some sort of unitard jumpsuit thingy.

Hell, if you want my opinion the US should just go back to wearing these:

agreed. those jerseys are the best

Murphy*

I'd say alot of people here are over dramatic. The jerseys arent that bad. I cant say I like the black Canada ones but the others are fine.

oilersrule14

May 13, 2003
Visit site
The new jerseys look good from what I've seen in the WJC. They really do make the players look more athletic and fast. People keep moaning about horizontal stripes, but I just don't understand why horizontal stripes mean hockey, and vertical stripes mean fashion; they're freakin stripes! I see the argument about a horizontal stripe on the bottom separating the pants from the shirt, but Canada's white jersey has black pants and white shirt, so you really don't need a stripe there. The only thing I don't like about the white Canadian jersey is that it's see through from up close, which is just sort of stupid. Otherwise the rest of the jersey looks really sleek and nice.

revolverjgw

Oct 6, 2003
Nova Scotia
I don't like the graphic design on these particular jerseys, but I like the sleekness and shape, it makes them look more athletic. I'm all for it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The jerseys are terrible go back to the old ones. I am more than willing to buy the old ones but not this crap.

If Sweden was going to switch to them as well, shame on them

Kudos to the Swiss for not selling out :handclap:

Miracle80

Jan 30, 2006
Rochester, NY
They make them looks like girls!
The Swedes and the Swiss were the only teams that looked like normal hockey players.
Not totally hating the socks though.

primetime

Dec 2, 2005
Albany
How about Italy's uniform in general? Blue on blue on blue... there isn't even any blue in their flag. Ugly.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
revolverjgw said:
I don't like the graphic design on these particular jerseys, but I like the sleekness and shape, it makes them look more athletic. I'm all for it.

I have no problem with the cut of the jersey, I just wish they kept the old design.

SChan*

go kim johnsson 514 said:
The jerseys are terrible go back to the old ones. I am more than willing to buy the old ones but not this crap.

If Sweden was going to switch to them as well, shame on them

Kudos to the Swiss for not selling out :handclap:

actually I read that nike refused to let sweden use them for some reason.

StevenintheATL

Jun 12, 2004
The ATL!
With Reebok being bought up by adidas-Solomon AG, hopefully some sanity will return in the uniform department. The only good thing about Reebok buying The Hockey Company was that I was able to get a KOHO pro weight Thrashers home jersey really cheap.

ShyCheetah

Feb 22, 2003
Caprica City,Caprica
Visit site
I like the new tighter Jerseys. It makes the players look sleeker, more lethal. The stripes look fine. I just don't like the idea that all the sweaters look the same. Perhaps the vertical stripping will revive the striping of the hockey pant. The one aspect that I'm waiting to see are the tucked in NHL jerseys next year. That might suck, but I'll at least take a look at them first before I Chicken Little. As for the Italians wearing blue, it's the official colour of the royal familly so all international uniforms are blue, it was mentioned durring one of the Italian womens hockey games. Shy.

Noutaja

Aug 29, 2004
Actually I like those new sleaker jerseys. Have never understood why to use oversized ones, as traditionally has been done. :dunno:

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Vertical stripes just don't look good on hockey players, the only thing they look good on would be sports cars like the Dodge Viper or something. But not on hockey players, are they trying to make them look skinnier or what's the point?

And also, I don't like the fact that the teams have basically identical uniforms now, except the colors and logo. In previous tournaments all the teams had different designs (stripes and patterns), now they all look the same, that's very boring. And one more detail I don't like, the names and numbers on the back of the jerseys are too small so it's harder to see who the guys are.

Golden Slumbers

Dec 26, 2005
Ottawa
I liked Canada's jerseys. I thought they looked clean, streamlined, overall cool. I see nothing wrong with them, thought they were a nice change.

Maybe it's just me. :dunno:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Metallian said:
You people are forgetting that the RBK jerseys for next NHL season, if passed, will be far beyond spandex (and they'll be tucked in)

So if you think this is bad, close your eyes cuz it'll only get worse before it gets better (unfortunately)
Don`t know if that will pass. More then one team has complained and are not interested in the uniforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad