Canada makes 2 more cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Charlie_Girl49 said:
I don't know how they figured Swanson should be cut and Egener stays! IMO Swanson was a far better player than Egener last night and Friday night.

Even still, I wouldn't be worried because I doubt Egener will make this team.

He's a good prospect, but just not the type of defenseman whom is suited for the WJC's. His physical nature could get him in a lot of penalty trouble, which could frustrate him and throw him off his game.

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
I'm disappointed that Fehr was cut. I think his offensive ability could have been an asset on this team. The last few years they've had a tough time getting that big goal and if they would bring a few more snipers, they'd have more chances of getting it done. I thought Fehr would be on one of the top two lines.

Oh well. There's always next year.

As for Egener, he is a great prospect and will be a valuable player in the NHL, but I agree that he could do more bad than good for Canada. Historically, the european refs have proven that they will call the rough stuff. Egener could definitely get himself into big time penalty trouble.

*Bandit*

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Egener is very error prone, gets confused easily, and flustered after he makes a mistake. He should be gone, as should Meech. But Gorges outplayed Swanson and Klein in both of the last two games, and should've earned a spot with that. I guess they thought Klein outplayed Swanson for now... though Swanson didn't play particularly poorly.

Fehr was an interesting cut, as I thought he played very well in the intersquad game I saw. Though it may have been his reliance on smaller linemates Tambellini and Crosby to work the corners instead of doing it himself with his larger frame that cost him a spot. Either way, he should've made it at least past the first cuts.

Draft Guru said:
I'm disappointed that Fehr was cut. I think his offensive ability could have been an asset on this team. The last few years they've had a tough time getting that big goal and if they would bring a few more snipers, they'd have more chances of getting it done. I thought Fehr would be on one of the top two lines.

Oh well. There's always next year.

As for Egener, he is a great prospect and will be a valuable player in the NHL, but I agree that he could do more bad than good for Canada. Historically, the european refs have proven that they will call the rough stuff. Egener could definitely get himself into big time penalty trouble.

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
who are the two you think at forward that will get cut?

will Dixon and Talbot make it?

-- a curious Pens Fan

Vranattack

I think Dixon will make it, he was on the under 18 8 nations canada team and played well in that tourniment. They will be looking for players with international experience. Dixon is fast, offensive, and has a great shot, I don't see them cutting him.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Vranattack said:
I think Dixon will make it, he was on the under 18 8 nations canada team and played well in that tourniment. They will be looking for players with international experience. Dixon is fast, offensive, and has a great shot, I don't see them cutting him.
Most, if not all, of the players at the selection camp have played in at last one of the U18 Nations Cup, World U17, or World U18 tournaments. To this point, they've surprised me a few times, so I wouldn't hazard another guess as to who is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->