Canada is GOLD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Gordon_Gekko said:
ha! gimme a break dude...this was the championship game against our most bitter hockey rival. when there's as much history and bad blood between these teams as there is, it's impossible not to get into the competitive spirit. then when you get the russians running their mouths before the game, telling us how easily they were dominate us?! ha! looks like they just got a taste of their own medicine! i loved every minute of it. to hell with the russians...i don't feel sorry for them (or the americans) at all.

Sure, you are of course free to react as you please. However, it won't make you look any better than some of the cockiest, most overconfident team Russia fanboys. Sore winners are no better than sore losers.

Clownpipe*

#66 said:
Just a question. How is it that Canada is always going up against some huge villian or is almost always painted as an underdog?

I don't think it's always the case...last year, for example, we were the clear favourites...with guys like crosby, phaneuf, bergeron, etc...we were a more experienced team and extremely talented to boot. we were expected to dominate that tournament and we did.

this year's team was a little different because we only had 1 returning player, we alot younger than the other teams (russians/americans anyways), we had no scorers in the top 10 i think, all we heard about was the skill of the americans (which is definitely true) and how malkin was the best player not in the NHL (probably also true)...so on paper we were the underdogs. younger, more inexperienced, and not as talented as RUS/USA. so we really would have to pull off the perfect team game to win the thing...which we did. next year, we should have an older group with alot of returnees, so we should be considered favourites again.

but in the end, like someone said...deep down even with all the stats showing us how average we were, most of us knew that this is still canada and the games are actually played for a reason. i was confident in our boys the whole time. some of it was true, and some of it makes for good TV and paper headlines...but the russians and americans really did have good or better teams this year...but we seemed to have the x factor.

Clownpipe*

Boucicaut said:
Sure, you are of course free to react as you please. However, it won't make you look any better than some of the cockiest, most overconfident team Russia fanboys. Sore winners are no better than sore losers.

okay you made your point. i honestly don't care, and i've already gotten a warning from wasting my time responding to you, and i don't care to get another...so why don't we just drop it. congrats on your bronze and good day to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad