Canada is GOLD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
So does this get rid of all the *****ing about certain players not being named to the squad , or how this squad wasnt going to do anything etc etc etc?

jb**

How did Downey look? Was he out there against Malkin? If so did he shut him down as the score indicates?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Love the fact that Canada won. :handclap:
Having said that, that missed goal was bush league. In a high level tournament like the WJHC, in this technological day and age, there is no excuse to completely miss a goal. Very well could have changed the momentum in the game.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
guymez said:
Love the fact that Canada won. :handclap:
Having said that, that missed goal was bush league. In a high level tournament like the WJHC, in this technological day and age, there is no excuse to completely miss a goal. Very well could have changed the momentum in the game.

The thing is, in order to see that was in the ref woulda had to be standing right over the back of the net, and with only 1 ref that ain't happening in that situation. And once you've dropped the puck and played on you can't really just change the score. In the end though, that one goal didn't make a huge difference. Russia got outworked and Pogge was just on a whole different level from the Russian goaltender.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
That tournament was a spectalure display of grit, emotion, defense, and teamwork. Brent Sutter is an absolute genius.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
The first period was amazing. After Canada made it 4-0 in the second, the game kind of lost its momentum, as the russian players seemed to lose their edge.

The missed goal really sucks, but I don't think it would have change the game that much.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
missinthejets said:
The thing is, in order to see that was in the ref woulda had to be standing right over the back of the net, and with only 1 ref that ain't happening in that situation. And once you've dropped the puck and played on you can't really just change the score. In the end though, that one goal didn't make a huge difference. Russia got outworked and Pogge was just on a whole different level from the Russian goaltender.
This isn't about the ref on the ice. The off ice officails should be all over that play and communicate to the on ice officials that it was indeed a goal. In a high stakes game like this every goal should count...and that was clearly a goal. I know all about the 'once the puck is dropped' thing, and I think that it doesn't serve the integrity of the game at all. That goal would have made the game 2-1 and who knows what kind of effect it would have had on the momentum of the game. It certainly would have been interesting to see how the game would have played out with ALL of the goals counting.
It was embarrassing and inexcusable, and it just gets glossed over because Canada won.:shakehead

Bud The Spud*

mjb45 said:
Game looked boring from what I saw. I didn't really enjoy this tournament too much.

Same here. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm happy Canada won. I just wish that the game would have been better.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
To all Brent Sutter fans, I tip my hat. The guy is a solid coach. If I was Hockey Canada, I'd sign him to the job for 10 years. He could become the Bear Bryant of hockey.

To all canadian fans, cheers!

To russian fans, I salute you. Even though some of you went overboard with the praise and the taunting. Like I said earlier in the tourney, talent alone doesn't win you cups or medals. Team play and sacrifice. It's a word you guys seem to forget easily. Sacrifice.

Tonight, you saw a team that sacrificed itself. And another one that tried to be fancy "because we don't dump and chase". Well, you should have. You never win against CAnada being fancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad