OT: Canada at the FIFA World Cup stage - support our team

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Italy is my team so I am no fan of the French football team, but I give credit where credit is f***ing due. Mbappe is unreal. He likely carries France to another WC in his career.
MBappe is the next Pele and the best player in the game. Messi single-handedly inspired his team with in limited touches and by winning this cup ends up as GOAT for me. MBappe may catch him as he hits his prime years.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Italy is my team so I am no fan of the French football team, but I give credit where credit is f***ing due. Mbappe is unreal. He likely carries France to another WC in his career.
You say carry like they have a weak team.

Man for man the most talented team in the world. (International) they’re going through their Golden age right now. The fact that they only have one trophy in the past three tourneys will likely be seen as a bit of a disappointment. I don’t know how they didn’t completely run the 20 euros. Fortunately seems like they have a second generation of midfielders in tchouameni and camavinga to prolong their window.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

Man for man the most talented team in the world. (International) they’re going through their Golden age right now. The fact that they only have one trophy in the past three tourneys will likely be seen as a bit of a disappointment. I don’t know how they didn’t completely run the 20 euros. Fortunately seems like they have a second generation of midfielders in tchouameni and camavinga to prolong their window.
Ya I shouldn't have said it like that. France is definitely not a weak team. France probably should have won the Euro but I am happy they didn't lol.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

No idea how the roster will look in 4 years, Mbappe will be 27 in his prime but this was Lloris, Benzema and Giroud last WC. Griezmann will be 35, Varane and Pogba will be 33

I guess we'll see which guys will emerge. Tchouameni is also only 22 y/o... Dembele is 25, Having a huge difference like Mbappe is certainly an advantage

Guys like Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Modric will most likely not be there in the next WC, Neymar will be 34, Harry Kane will be 33, De Bruyne will be 35... Mbappe should have less competition

Problem is they nowhere near had their A team today and in the tournament in general. Even Griezmann was struggling today. Benzema and Pogba not playing during the WC definitely hurt their chances

Reactions: DrEasy

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
No idea how the roster will look in 4 years, Mbappe will be 27 in his prime but this was Lloris, Benzema and Giroud last WC. Griezmann will be 35, Varane and Pogba will be 33

I guess we'll see which guys will emerge. Tchouameni is also only 22 y/o... Dembele is 25, Having a huge difference like Mbappe is certainly an advantage

Guys like Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Modric will most likely not be there in the next WC, Neymar will be 34, Harry Kane will be 33, De Bruyne will be 35... Mbappe should have less competition

Problem is they nowhere near had their A team today and in the tournament in general. Even Griezmann was struggling today. Benzema and Pogba not playing during the WC definitely hurt their chances
missing Kante is massive too

Reactions: Xspyrit

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ya I shouldn't have said it like that. France is definitely not a weak team. France probably should have won the Euro but I am happy they didn't lol.

Yeah it’s true. They had to run with giroud

Reactions: Xspyrit

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Great final, good for Messi winning it, but it could have gone either way.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Great game and great tournament. TSN is showing the final again at 8:00. I'm not usually one to watch games twice but I'll make an exception for this. There's a strong argument to be made that Lionel Messi is the GOAT for any team sport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad