WJC: Canada 2018 Roster Talk

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Honest question: Is this the weakest Canadian team to make a gold medal game since the millennium? They seem to not have that "It" factor to me because they don't have the usual star power up front. Am I wrong?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This seems like the type of team who will have barely any NHL'ers in the future..

Watching guys like McLeod, Katchouk, Dube, Formenton, Steenberg, Howden, Gadjovich, Comtois they don't have the skill. Just my opinion.
Skill for what... Its not all harlem globetrotters .. you need different types of players to play different roles. I said I liked their team before their first game and I still like them.. I am glad to see Batherson and Makar get a little more ice and also get recognized.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Honest question: Is this the weakest Canadian team to make a gold medal game since the millennium? They seem to not have that "It" factor to me because they don't have the usual star power up front. Am I wrong?
They don't have the superstar forward but they have 4 good lines and they can all come at you and wear you down.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

They play fast, physical, and are well balanced.

This is a better "team" then we've had in many recent years outside of the juggernaut 2015 team.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

2003 Canadian team. Just a workmanlike team that was fortunate to play in a year when pretty much every team was weak.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think the team will produce a ton of NHL players who will have solid careers. Maybe no superstars, but thats okay.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I think Canada’s defense has some future 1-2 guys. They’re great. Makar, Timmins, and mete all play a top pairing game. The other d man look like possible nhl players, but these 3 are on another level.

hockeyanalyst99

Dec 22, 2017
Anyone who works for Hockey Canada here ? Please put in a compliant about Hockey Canada not utilizing the best players available.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Just a quick question. I understand that Adam Foote is Canadian but how can Callan Foote play for team canada. Born in the US and grew up in Colorado.

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
Connor Timmins all around game was amazing in this tournament. The guy played great. Colorado has to be excited with him and Makar. Makar skating and play making ability are also special.

Reactions: Statsy

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
What do you mean?
The sure fire number one overall pick for next year’s draft was born of an American yet grew up and played all of the important sevelopment years in Toronto, hanging off of the best developmental program in the world there, which is heavily funded by Hockey Canada. I’ll gladly trade Foote for him.

What I’m trying to say is it works both ways.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
The sure fire number one overall pick for next year’s draft was born of an American yet grew up and played all of the important sevelopment years in Toronto, hanging off of the best developmental program in the world there, which is heavily funded by Hockey Canada. I’ll gladly trade Foote for him.

I’m actually asking how can Foote play for Canada if he was born in the US. I’m guessing that Hughes will be playing for the US?

caslava

Dec 1, 2017
Slovakia

Isn’t situation similar with A. Nylander ? Too bad no nhl players want to play in Slovakia and have kids here :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->