WJC: Canada 2018 Roster Talk

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Look their roster, best defence in the WJC by far, goaltending should be solid and have some game breaking offensive talents. They’re the favourite.

Weak at center, if the wingers don't get the puck they won't be breaking anything.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
3rd best team in their Pool in my opinion... Finland is the favourite, always have been, USA and Canada should be about equal but I’m going to give the edge to the USA right now.

The Americans have a great team, they are my favorites to win it all

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007

Not as good as last year, a bit overrated, they aren't strong all the way through like Canada, might have a game breaker though.

PecnoTrunk

Dec 20, 2014
People put too much into Draft Pedigree.
The coach of team Canada was giving an interview and he said something that makes total sense. When picking players for u20 he is not picking players based on potential 2 years from now, he is picking players who are ready to play now. (Something like that) as when NHL teams pick via the draft for potential

That's why I'm guessing draft pedigree was second to what the players are now.

Made sense

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Would be nice OC if the NHL lent some more players, which is still possible, 4 more days to do so.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Suzuki is about the only cut im not a fan of. Always need guys that put up points as an extra in case someone gets hurt.

I still think this team is strong

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012

To me it’s
1- Finland
2- USA
3- Sweden
4- Canada
5- Russia (I don’t have a good read on their roster yet so they could be higher)

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
For Canada to win gold Carter Hart has to be the best goaltender in the tournament. It has been a long time since Canada has had the best goalie at the WJC.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
For Canada to win gold Carter Hart has to be the best goaltender in the tournament. It has been a long time since Canada has had the best goalie at the WJC.

Lucky for them he just might be then, though Oettinger could be it too.

Flyguy1ca

Nov 25, 2017
Rather have

Suzuki
Glass
Lind

than

Comtois
Formenton
Gadjovich

But other than that I like the team.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Lind: ***gets cut***goes back to Junior*** scores hattrick in return***

Sigh.

Frost and Rasmussen had themselves really great games today, too. Still, people are overreacting about the forwards. Looks speedy and well balanced with a lot of goal scoring ability mixed with grit and a few high-skill players on top.

Reactions: Grantham

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Glad Katchouk made it. He seemed to be omitted on alot of people's lists pre-camp and proved alot of doubters wrong. Hope he has a big tourney.

Reactions: Satan

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Damn, I was wrong. I was told Dipietro was a lock and it was decided entering camp. Respect to Colton Point on earning that spot.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Not impressed with this team at all...
the good news is, the last time I disliked a Canadian WJC team this much was in 2006. And we all know how that tournament ended.

an awful lot is going to have to go right for this team and overachieve. The goaltenders, especially Hart, are going to have to deliver. There is zero room for error as the offense may not score 20 goals the entire tournament.

Reactions: SpoolCat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad