tfantasy

Pirate of Bengal
Jun 1, 2008
Raddysh-Steel-Kyrou
Tippett-McLeod-Dube
Vilardi-Phillips-Suzuki
Mascherin-Comtois-Gadjovich
Steenbergen

I like the looks of this. Mascherins a tiny bit slow but he has a shot at making the team. I also like Phillips. He will make this team.

tfantasy

Pirate of Bengal
Jun 1, 2008
Raddysh-Steel-Kyrou
Tippett-McLeod-Dube
Vilardi-Phillips-Suzuki
Smith-Comtois-Gadjovich
Mascherin

JT63

Jan 20, 2013
https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/inj...d-expected-to-miss-four-six-weeks/c-291861912

Should be back in time for the tournament.

This is what I'm thinking so far

Taylor Raddysh - Sam Steel - Jordan Kyrou
Owen Tippet - Cody Glass - Brett Howden
Gabe Vilardi - Nick Suzuki - Cliff Pu
Dillon Dube - Michael McLeod - Givani Smith

Mascherin, Ang, Benson, and maybe Formenton fighting for spots?

Jake Bean - Cal Foote
Victor Mete - Dante Fabbro
Kale Clague - Cale Makar
Sam Girard

Don't know how the pairings will shape up, but I like the speed and all-round skill on the blueline. Size shouldn't be a concern.

Carter Hart
Michael DiPietro

Hopefully Hart recovers quickly from mono.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
A lot of early injuries. Interesting to see how these guys do when they come back. Last year Canada gifted Bean a spot after he had barely played and it didn't work at all.

Also, Girard with a goal and assist tonight. Played pretty well. I still think that he will be sent down, but he has looked solid in Nashville thus far.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Sounds like Vilardis injury is pretty serious, could impact his status for the tournament. Cholowski is having a really good start on a bad team as well, 8 points/3 goals in 6 games and a plus 3.

I'm not sure why so many people seem to have Stanley in on the defense. Is it just because the defense lacks size? I find it hard to believe a guy who has a season high of 17 points and 5 goals in his OHL career (will change this year, good start) is a lock for this team. Same with Mete, great preseason with Montreal and he is getting some NHL games but I still dont think hes a lock. Hes played in London for a great team which will help him but hes still a 5'9" dman that was a fourth round pick not too long ago. He will be a guy thatrealy depends on how he plays when he comes back

If we're going to use Cholowski's start this year as a reason for him to make the team you should for Stanley as well, who has the exact same stat line, 3 goals 8 points in 6 games for Kitchener. In Windsor he was used as a defensive dman which he's not. He also brings physicality a lot of the other guys lack and it will be played on NA ice which will be in his favour as well.

Don't think he's a lock by any means but he should be in consideration for the third pairing.

tfantasy

Pirate of Bengal
Jun 1, 2008
Raddysh-Steel-Kyrou
Tippett-McLeod-Dube
Vilardi-Phillips-Suzuki
Smith-Comtois- Howden
Steenbergen

Mete - Girard
Clague - Fabbro
Bean - Foote
Stanley

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Apparently Comtois has concussion like symptoms too and he's been off to a good start. A few injuries now and that isn't good especially for younger players who need to be hitting their stride around December. Also, Girard, Mete are looking really good on their NHL teams, I always believe you should play it safe and send them down if it is a 50/50 call to send them down to junior or keep them up, but these guys are really good and look like NHLers honestly. Mete playing on the top pair with Weber, he's playing responsible and like a top 4 D.

For some reason, Tippett just sitting in Florida's press box.

A lot of players starting off well in their seasons. Kole Lind, Cody Glass, Kale Clague over 2PPG in their season, Suzuki and Kyrou as well. Some more quiet names doing really well in their seasons, Ty Lewis, Tyler Steenbergen doing real well. Should be interesting to see them at the Super Series and I think we should invite them to the December camp if they are capable of playing well with in an international level.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Apparently Comtois has concussion like symptoms too and he's been off to a good start. A few injuries now and that isn't good especially for younger players who need to be hitting their stride around December. Also, Girard, Mete are looking really good on their NHL teams, I always believe you should play it safe and send them down if it is a 50/50 call to send them down to junior or keep them up, but these guys are really good and look like NHLers honestly. Mete playing on the top pair with Weber, he's playing responsible and like a top 4 D.

For some reason, Tippett just sitting in Florida's press box.

A lot of players starting off well in their seasons. Kole Lind, Cody Glass, Kale Clague over 2PPG in their season, Suzuki and Kyrou as well. Some more quiet names doing really well in their seasons, Ty Lewis, Tyler Steenbergen doing real well. Should be interesting to see them at the Super Series and I think we should invite them to the December camp if they are capable of playing well with in an international level.

I saw what happened with Comtois, not good. Have to assume that Florida isn't stupid enough to keep Tippett up. Given his style of play, Florida should be very conscious of the Virtanen experience. I also remain optimistic that Mete and Girard will be sent back.

There is something I am curious about with regard to Lind. Does he play on the same line as Dube?

Where is shirley?

Preparing for the Olympics.

Reactions: SpoolCat

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I think someone who gets an invite is Drake Batherson, won't be very well known outside of sens fans and those who see him play regularly, but he has some serious skills. Carrying the 2nd youngest team in the Q, his line mates are both rookies as well.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I think someone who gets an invite is Drake Batherson, won't be very well known outside of sens fans and those who see him play regularly, but he has some serious skills. Carrying the 2nd youngest team in the Q, his line mates are both rookies as well.

I've seen Batherson and he is playing pretty well this year. Not sure if that would get him an invitation. Do we know if he has Canadian citizenship though? Born in USA, played minor hockey in Nova Scotia and as far as I know he hasn't played in an IIHF tournament yet.

TrueGrit

Jul 3, 2006

On a similar Sens note, Alex Formenton will get a look for a bottom six role you'd have to think. Kid made the opening day roster of an NHL team

tfantasy

Pirate of Bengal
Jun 1, 2008
Raddysh-Steel-Kyrou
Tippett-Phillips-Ang
Vilardi-McCleod-Dube
Smith-Comtois-Suzuki
Formenton

Clague-Fabbro
Mete-Girard
Bean - ?
Stanley

Hart
DiPietro

Still working on that D

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Raddysh-Steel-Kyrou
Tippett-Phillips-Ang
Vilardi-McCleod-Dube
Smith-Comtois-Suzuki
Formenton

Clague-Fabbro
Mete-Girard
Bean - ?
Stanley

Hart
DiPietro

Still working on that D

Dennis Cholowski?

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Dennis Cholowski?

Detroit 1st. rd. draft pick '16. up until this year played NCAA, now plays WHL; and like most Canadians who opt for NCAA get shunned by Hockey Canada. So, no Hockey Canada experience coming up through the various age groups.

I like him. and have him on my roster 2nd. or 3rd. pairing. I'd take him over returnee Jake Bean.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Defense is deep enough to survive without Mete and/or Girard.

Mahura has to make the team, this kid is really impressive, pushed for a spot with Anaheim and has always been a top Canadian D ever since he was 16.

BrettM

Oct 3, 2017
Defense is deep enough to survive without Mete and/or Girard.

Mahura has to make the team, this kid is really impressive, pushed for a spot with Anaheim and has always been a top Canadian D ever since he was 16.
I'll be honest, I hail from Regina and get to see Mahura on a consistent basis and while he is smooth with the puck, he often finds himself out of position in his own zone. An invite to camp is plausible but that's as far as it'll go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->