Can you beat this prospects line-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidrage*

Flyers actually do well upfront but can't compete on D now that Seidenberg and Pitkanen have graduated and Woywitka and Vandermeer have been traded. Only Ruggeri and Picard really rate as good D prospects, though a very other like Randy Jones have shown they can play in the NHL.

Upfront they can go

Richards - Carter - Ruzicka
Eager - Umberger - Drozdetsky
Brunelle - Potulny - Shields

*4th line would just be putting up crap prospects like everyone else is doing so I'll just skip it. There's some pretty pathetic 4th lines be posted here. Yeah, we all know you have enough prospects in the system to make a 4th line. WOW.*

Niittymaki looks good for the future in goal. And Bruckler actually done very well since he was drafted. They have a bunch of goalies in the system doing well but I'm not going to make some homeristic statement and make them out to all be future #1's.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
nomorekids said:
for a thread intended for the sole purpose of some hab-masturbation, i'm feeling a bit underwhelmed. there's some decent prospects on your roster, but nothing that really sets them above about ten other teams.

Is it true that you are a moderator? I mod at another board, and I would hand in my mod title before I made a post like that. Really...not what I expect from a HF mod.

As to the thread in question....Maunchausen(sp) pretty-much summed it up...its all a crap-shoot at this point. But it definitely bodes well for the Canadiens if even fraction of their prospects become NHL regulars. Considering we already have some real top-flight young-guns in our present lineup (Komi, Ryder, Ribs, Markov) and several quality players near or at their prime (Zednik, Koivu, Theodore, Koivu, Souray, Rivet)....I very objectively believe we are poised to be a serious piece of work for years to come.

That said, as far as pure prospects go...I'd say the Caps look pretty darn strong. But if we placed Komi and Ryder in that mix...our group compares well to anyone in the league.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Kimahri said:
This might seem a little homerish, but I think LeNeveu should be ATLEAST on par with Auld , Bryzgalov etc... The guy tore up the college level and was an AHL all-star in his rookie season, and named co-MVP (along with JM Pelletier) in Springfield. IMO he has proven a whole lot more than Cam Ward, Devan Dubnyk, and Josh Harding have as they are still in the Junior ranks(not a knock on them as I happen to be a fan of all three, especially Dubnyk). I'd definatly put him ahead of Deslauriers, and Leclaire though... :dunno:
I didnt really take much time in the last ten goalie prospects. I was just saying that there is no way Ray Emery is the 2nd best goalie. I figured i mention some goalies after him because i knew i would be critized for leaving some names out such as Leneveu

TomahawkSniper

Aug 19, 2004
Vancouver
Here's the Canucks:

Gladskikh-Krikunov-King
Danielsson-Guenette-Bernier
Sarauer-Kesler-Nolan
Morris-N.Smith-Brown

Koltsov-Edler
Mojzis-Skinner
Grot-Schulz

Auld
Schneider

Federov and Reid were left off the list as their future with the nucks remain uncertain. Honorable Mention: Jannik Hansen, Thomas Nussli, Kevin Bieksa, Lukas Mensator.

guitaraholic*

Blues (sorry if this has been done already)

Zakharov Soderberg Shkotov
Sejna David Backes Alexandrov
Fredriksson McClement DiSalvatore
D.J. King Troliga Stempniak

Trevor Byrne Mike Stuart (too old?)
Robin Jonsson Nikita Nikitin
Aaron Mckenzie Zack FitzGerald

Marek Schwarz
Jason Bacashihua
Curtis Sanford (too old?)
Konstantin Barulin

---

Extras:

Juha-Matti Aaltonen
Alexandre Bolduc
Greg Black
Colin "Papa" Hemingway
Jonathan Michel Boutin
Tuomas Nissinen
Michal Birner

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Newfie Bruin said:
I didnt really take much time in the last ten goalie prospects. I was just saying that there is no way Ray Emery is the 2nd best goalie. I figured i mention some goalies after him because i knew i would be critized for leaving some names out such as Leneveu
No, don't worry about it....I just read a little too much into it, thats all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad