Can we now confirm that Crosby was saving himself for the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Crosby had a relatively 'down' season this year - 10th in points, 'only' 89 - which convinced many that he's no longer the best player in the league.
Some people were saying that he was saving himself for the playoffs, which now appears to be true - 9 points (5 goals!) in 4 games, leading the playoffs in goals and points. It seems strange that he would intentionally tone it down a bit, but he's definitely in full playoff mode now.

Reactions: Aerrol

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Crosby had a relatively 'down' season this year - 10th in points, 'only' 89 - which convinced many that he's no longer the best player in the league.
Some people were saying that he was saving himself for the playoffs, which now appears to be true - 9 points (5 goals!) in 4 games, leading the playoffs in goals and points. It seems strange that he would intentionally tone it down a bit, but he's definitely in full playoff mode now.

No, but I can confirm Pastrnak was saving himself for the playoffs 9 points in 3 games = 3ppg. What a god

EDIT - THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND
Being elite and having an elite work ethic is not peanut butter. You dont spread it over your toast one day when you decide you need it, but leave it in cupboard the next because, the "regular season"......You're either elite or not, you work hard or not. The people that don't work hard, don't make the nhl. No one is so good, they shut it off when they want to and turn it back on when they need it. Being elite doesn't come out of the tap in the kitchen.

(Also, Pasta 10 in 4 bitches)

Last edited:

JackFrost

Feb 18, 2018
It is wellknown throughout the league that the Penguins in general pace themselves during the season. Crosby especially. When you have short offseasons every year because of deep playoff runs(also Olympics for Crosby) this is whats got to be done... Why do you think all of those East teams intentionally lost games to play higher seeded teams rather than the Penguins? Presidents Trophys are not their concern, look how thats worked out for the Capitals.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Sid's priority is Cups, Cups and more Cups. Using up precious energy in the regular season chasing silly things like the Art Ross is a young man's game :laugh:

If any of us knew how grueling it would be to grind out back to back Cup runs with practically no offseason I think we'd learn to pace ourselves too.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
We'll know after the 2nd round.

Well Boston and TB are the two top legit looking contenders in the conference, and they don't need to play either of them until the Conference finals.

Philly and then either Columbus (limited playoff experience) or Washington (not a great playoff team) is probably the easiest first two rounds in the league.

Reactions: Future GOAT

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Well Boston and TB are the two top legit looking contenders in the conference, and they don't need to play either of them until the Conference finals.

Philly and then either Columbus (limited playoff experience) or Washington (not a great playoff team) is probably the easiest first two rounds in the league.

It's funny how people will always see take the "glass is half empty" view when it comes to Crosby.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
You have to be a little bit delusional not to think Crosby wasn’t pacing himself. He may do well moving fwd or struggle, but he was definitely playing the regular season with an eye towards the playoffs.

He’s 30 now and while that isn’t old, it’s certainly not the same as being 21 or 22. His body has been put through the grind for over a dozen years of NHL hockey and he’s had some unfortunate injuries. He’s also played a shit ton of hockey the last couple of years.

He knew he couldn’t play balls out hockey all season if he wanted to have anything left for the playoffs, he’s human, not a robot.

Not sure why people act like it’s a question or not, it was obvious what he was doing if you watched him all season,

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
It's funny how people will always see take the "glass is half empty" view when it comes to Crosby.

Nope, we would just rather use a 82 game sample size rather than a 4 game sample to make our decision of who's the best player :laugh:
Unless you think Pastrnak> Crosby?

Reactions: Future GOAT

Conor McDavitt

Oct 17, 2017
I picked Crosby in my playoff pool. Not because I think Pittsburgh will win the cup this season necessarily, but because I knew Pittsburgh was playing a team that is lousy defensively and has weak goaltending. I knew I would be racking up the points in that series. It was a predictable result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->