Can We Now Annoint Kyle Turris The Lone 5 Star Prospect ?

Playa Hamm*

All the publications have been saying that this is a weaker draft all the way through. There apparently are no top level talents like years past (Crosby, Johnson, Ovechkin). But, Kyle Turris I think is now the top prospect. It appears to be across the board. I think Philly is prettymuch set on this kid with the way Holmgren has been all over him. I think he can be an impact player. After him though, I would say that there is a drop off.

It's Turris and everyone else.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
Uh, no, and no. This is still a weaker draft, and by most accounts, Turris is not even the number one prospect in it, let alone head and shoulders above everyone else.

Playa Hamm*

Uh, no, and no. This is still a weaker draft, and by most accounts, Turris is not even the number one prospect in it, let alone head and shoulders above everyone else.

So who Is the number one prospect ?

I don't even think anyone else is being considered at this point other than Turris. At this stage, I will be stunned if he is not the #1 Pick.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I wouldn't say this is a weak draft, there is just plenty of really good prospects but none assured to be great. We've been spoiled for the past couple of years having elite talent at the top of the draft. This draft is deep with what could be impact players eventually into the teens.

Tadite

Feb 27, 2002
Rhode Island
Visit site
I wouldn't say this is a weak draft, there is just plenty of really good prospects but none assured to be great. We've been spoiled for the past couple of years having elite talent at the top of the draft. This draft is deep with what could be impact players eventually into the teens.

Can't agree with that. This is a shallow draft. The only reason why we are claiming anyone is good is because someone has to be top-5 and get the resulting hype. Doesn't mean they are the same as some of the previous years...

Far as I can see anyone in the top-10 (pick a listing) has roughly the same chance of being 1st. No one is sticking out all that much more then anyone else at this point...

Bring Back Krajicek*

Having seen him play live, and having talked to several friends who have played him - he is RIDICULOUSLY good. I could see him going first overall. It's a tight race right now.

Tadite

Feb 27, 2002
Rhode Island
Visit site
One thing that is the most annoying now that we have DL is that with DT all you had to do to figure out who the Kings are going to draft was read the Red Line report. By and large our scouts seem to agreed with him completely. Now with DL... who knows?

I kinda of miss having a reasonable idea of what the Team was going to do....

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Far as I can see anyone in the top-10 (pick a listing) has roughly the same chance of being 1st. No one is sticking out all that much more then anyone else at this point...

Well you kind of said the same thing I said in another way. I said there was no top end talent that was a slam dunk for the top selection, but the draft went into the late teens with players that during normal draft years would go anywhere from 5-15.

FlyerFire

Feb 16, 2003
Visit site
Was hoping he wasnt too thin.Injuries are so common for smaller dudes.Maybe at his age he can bulk up soon.At least in a couple of years!

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Does Turris have a muscular build or is he skinny?
He's skinny, which is probably the main reason that he's a year or two away minimum. Wisconsin has a great hockey program and I have no doubt that Kyle will add the weight and the muscle necessary in order to make the transition to the NHL in short time.

The thing that scares me the most about Turris is his apparent commitment to spending 4 years at college. You simply cannot pick a guy #1 overall who isn't going to make the jump until 22 or 23 years of age. With the UFA age at 27, I don't think you can risk drafting a guy that high when you may only have him for 4 or 5 years. I know that a lot of guys say they're going for 4 years and leave after 1 or 2, but a Jack Johnson situation would be disappointing from the perspective of a fan of the team who picks him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad