can someone help a pens fan?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schultjr

Feb 10, 2004
I'm a Penguins fan, and I realize that we are very bad, but I have a bad feeling that we are not going to win the draft lottery. My question is, how much better is Ovechkin than Malkin, who I assume most would consider the number 2 prospect this year? Will the Pens still be getting a potential franchise forward with him or even Olesz, or should I consider anything but that #1 overall pick a disappointment? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
schultjr said:
I'm a Penguins fan, and I realize that we are very bad, but I have a bad feeling that we are not going to win the draft lottery. My question is, how much better is Ovechkin than Malkin, who I assume most would consider the number 2 prospect this year? Will the Pens still be getting a potential franchise forward with him or even Olesz, or should I consider anything but that #1 overall pick a disappointment? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

"Any" input?

OK, it's important that you still suck next year to maximise your chances to get Sid!

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
schultjr said:

He's alot better. He's realistically an All-Star player who can step right in. Everyone else in this draft will need a few years to develop and may be good enough to play on the first line but will likely fall short of All-Star calibre.

p.s. Go watch a Wilkes-Barrie game it'll make you feel better. :rolly:

schultjr

Feb 10, 2004
Crosbyfan said:
"Any" input?

OK, it's important that you still suck next year to maximise your chances to get Sid!

Well, we might not need to suck next year if there is no next year. We'll have the best odds in next years lottery without even playing a game. Just imagine if we win the lottery this year and next. Ovechkin, Crosby, Fleury, Welch, and Whitney. One can dream... :rolly:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
schultjr said:
Well, we might not need to suck next year if there is no next year. We'll have the best odds in next years lottery without even playing a game. Just imagine if we win the lottery this year and next. Ovechkin, Crosby, Fleury, Welch, and Whitney. One can dream... :rolly:

Who recalls the Caps-Pens rivalries through the late 80s, 90s, and until just recently?

We dance again!

If the flightless foul win the draft lottery, I will swallow my own tongue.

Ovechkin to DC. :rolly:

schultjr

Feb 10, 2004
EroCaps said:
Who recalls the Caps-Pens rivalries through the late 80s, 90s, and until just recently?

We dance again!

If the flightless foul win the draft lottery, I will swallow my own tongue.

Ovechkin to DC. :rolly:

i have a bad feeling you are going to get what you want, the pens have no luck

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
I personally think the hype on Ovechkin is dwindling as the gap between he and Malkin closes. Ovechkin may be ready for the NHL next year, but I doubt even that, let alone being able to step in and be an all-star. The kid probably doesn't even speak English yet.

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
PhoPhan said:
I personally think the hype on Ovechkin is dwindling as the gap between he and Malkin closes. Ovechkin may be ready for the NHL next year, but I doubt even that, let alone being able to step in and be an all-star. The kid probably doesn't even speak English yet.

Let me clear that up. He will step in and play next year and will become an All-Star calibre player a few years later like Kovalchuk (I don't see him having as high a top end). Thats how my crystal ball sees it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad