Can ESPN stop covering hockey?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
KVaG0BW.png

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=23238701

I use ESPN as I follow other major sports but they continually do stuff like this and it's actually embarrassing as a hockey fan.

They actually took audio from the Kucherov goal but used the disallowed Conacher goal in the video. Been uploaded for over a day and still hasn't been fixed.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Maybe the NHL should stop being boring. Then maybe a big US network will actually cover the game.

Nevermind. i said ESPN and big network, that's insulting to actual networks.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
They're not invested in it. NBC has the US rights and still only does a mediocre job covering hockey. Would love for the NHL to give more than one broadcaster the US rights and would be perfectly fine if ESPN was included, despite this error

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
I haven't gone to ESPN for hockey except for the finals. just to see how the largest American sports company reacts to it. imo tho the NHL needs to go back to ESPN.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
ESPN pretty much has. Yahoo Sports pretty much wiped the NHL off the entire map in regards to coverage during the entire NCAA Baskbetball tournament.

If the NHL were an actual draw, it would draw more acclaim. Simple as that.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
"Kucherov is a great player...the puck likes him. You could say that's lucky(the goal? the shot?), but the shot wasn't." Color guy, who sounds like an idiot.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
"Kucherov is a great player...the puck likes him. You could say that's lucky(the goal? the shot?), but the shot wasn't." Color guy, who sounds like an idiot.

The commentary is of the actual goal Kucherov scored to make it 2-1. The video being shown is Conacher's disallowed goal.

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
The NHL really messed up when they went with NBC over ESPN. ESPN has by far the largest following if they really wanted to grow the game ESPN was the way to go. ESPN doesn't bother posting anything about hockey on twitter, insta or facebook because they don't own any of the tv rights.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I stopped following ESPN about a year ago.

They only report heavily about sports they own the rights to (hence why WNBA gets more attention than NHL) and focus way too much on politics.

They don't focus on politics! They fired Curt Schilling for making political remarks!

... Granted they have no problem when it's Liberal favored political remarks, but f*** Schilling!

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
People still watch ESPN? It's basically CNN with a bit of sports.
I guarantee people watch ESPN more than they watch hockey. If ESPN covered the NHL as much as many on this thread would like ratings for Sports Center and similar programs would continue to sink.
The USA just doesn't get the game of hockey and I don't believe the NHL can do a whole lot to change that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->